Nintendo

Nintendo - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 17th Jan, 2005 - 6:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Rate the console.
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2004 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Nintendo

How do you rate the Nintendo Console. Take into consideration, cost, durability, ease of use, variety of games, etc.

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2004 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Nintendo

Sigh, how well I remember this system. I got rid of all my nintendo systems when we went to PS2, now I wish I had kept the N64. I loved playing Golden Eye, paint ball mode was a hoot. Honestly the system was the first time I had played a game in 3D and I will admit it was difficult at first. In my opinion, the N64s downfall was the PS2 and the lack of really good games. Still, I miss my N64.

21st Aug, 2004 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Nintendo Gaming Video & Issues Computer

We still have the N64, as well as a GameCube.

We love Perfect Dark on the N64. Magnificent game, same engine as Goldeneye, paintball mode is great. Donkey Kong 64 is great fun.

I find the GameCube controller to be the easiest of all systems to use. I especially play SSX Tricky and SSX III. The controllers are light, well designed, and very responsive.

The biggest problem with the system is that it uses the mini disc format, so the machine can't be used as a DVD or CD player, where the other systems can. We even have a PS One, that my youngest son likes to use as a CD player.

It appears that Nintendo is dropping this system now. There aren't a lot of great games coming out for it, as far as I know. In fact, my sons only really talk about the XBox games.

So, I would say that Nintendo machines aren't really a good deal.

Of course, that is referring to the CONSOLE machines.

I am wearing my Gameboy Advance SP out on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Best buy in gaming I could imagine. Especially with the old original Nintendo games coming out for it. (Super Mario Bros. Series, etc). Since there is now an adapter for the GameCube to play GB games, maybe there is a really good reason to get it. After all, who can really resist Super Mario Bros 4? On a big screen? *laugh*.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2004 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Nintendo
A Friend

Nintendo

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 20-Aug 04, 7:19 PM)
We still have the N64, as well as a GameCube.

We love Perfect Dark on the N64. Magnificent game, same engine as Goldeneye, paintball mode is great.

yea, i luckily still kept my N64 along with Perfect Dark as well. Did you know there were talks about doing a Perfect Dark Zero for Gamecube, but now the sequel will come out on xbox....just of the info. (Best game on N64 for me!)

as for Gamecube, most of the games are made with a cartoonish finish. they are more for kids with very few serious games. and the mini disc thing, just doesn't jive (go along with) what people want and expected from Nintendo. however, the cool thing that Nintendo is working on is a way to be able to play all of Nintendo's previous game (up through the original NES through the Gamecube) on the Gamecube. once they do that, i think that it'll probably help give them a little boost. Though one of the nicer things obout the Gamecube is that it's only 50 bucks! what a deal! now if only they could come up with a few other games: first person shooters. Though my favorite game would have to be Double Dash Mariokart....i don't think i'll ever not like that game.

24th Aug, 2004 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Nintendo

Although I don't currently own one, I like the Nintendo GameCube. I'd rate it 2nd of the three current NextGen consoles. It's good at what it does, period. It plays games well, the controller is easy to use, and the system itself is nice and compact, rather than the bulky and heavy Xbox.

As a dedicated gaming system it's great. What lets it down is a lack of functionality. Due to the minidisc format, it can't play DVDs or CDs, but then it wasn't designed to.

Another area where the Cube sometimes suffers is that a lot of good games from other systems (And notably games I like) haven't been released on the Cube for whatever reason. Games like the Grand Theft Auto series (Now on PC, PS2, and Xbox) have never appeared on the Cube, nor have the more recent NASCAR simulations, another of my favourite series. Most games in the GameCube catalogue seem to be modern updates of games previously released by Nintendo, utilizing classic and popular characters like Zelda and Metroid.

It is admittedly the cheapest of the three, and while that'a a good thing, you get what you pay for. A basic gaming system with little connectivity (Except for Nintendo-only peripherals) or extra functionality, but if all you want is a decent little standalone gamer then it's for you.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2004 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Nintendo
A Friend

Nintendo

I love Gamecube; it's best games are designed by Shigeru Miyamoto. He is the author of the Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, and many other Nintendo properties. I also like Gamecube games because for the most part, they don't rely on the utilization of staple modern american culture to sell games.

The biggest thing people quote about the Gamecube is it's small library of titles you can purchase for it. I agree with this, but while it's library is smaller, I feel it has equally as many, if not more games on it which are of higher quality than either PS/2 or XBOX. Those two other systems have a larger library of titles but many of their games are not good for playing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2004 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Nintendo
A Friend

Nintendo

Personally I love the N64. The graphics are fine, not perfect, but everything takes time to improve. Also the main downfall is that the N64 had the same game issues all the other cartridge systems had, being the having to blow on them. (even though the company says it isn't good for the game). The other downfall is the lack of games coming out....... cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Nintendo
A Friend

Nintendo Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Nintendo 64 was a great system, just recently in fact I was thinking of getting one again! Golden Eye, StarFox and Mario were all great! Nintendo games are awesome and N64 was a good system even if it did die out pretty fast!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Nintendo

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,