Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

Violent Crime Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Aug, 2004 - 12:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
22nd Jun, 2004 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In T & T

international QUOTE (trinidadexpress.com)
Weeping and scared, five-year-old Shane Dewaljit was clutching his mother's hand when it was chopped off by a man who wanted to take him away. Sharon Dewaljit's arm was severed at the shoulder and left dangling by a sliver of skin

What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2004 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Sad to say news like that is no longer surprising, so 'yes', it is really that bad now and in some areas much worse, hence they are working on a so called, 'Police Reform Bill' which many are saying will make Trinidad like a police state *shrugs* spock.gif

22nd Jun, 2004 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Alex, the Express just show you some of the news online, you have to see the real thing! every day I read the newspaper, and is murders, kidnappings and rapes. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! You will not believe how bad it is here. lipsrsealed.gif

25th Jun, 2004 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

I am really sorry to hear things are this bad in Trinidad today. Again today I am reading the Express and I see a story about a 10-year old boy being abducted from his father's business by bandits. Not to say that the US is crime free, but if you compare the crime rate per population I would tend to believe T&T is a lot higher than most US cities!

25th Jun, 2004 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

That is because it is no longer a lone bandit, but gangs. Criminals are becoming very organized and work in networks with the latest equipment and technology. In fact some of the kidnappers ask for wire transfers and so on to secure accounts abroad. What is scary is to know you are being watched, targeted and labeled if you have any kind of money or affluence. No one is safe.

11th Aug, 2004 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Now here is the level of security in this country - a prime example to be afraid...

A man (in his 50s) calls the police to tell them that some men are attempting to break into his home. The police says they will respond. The man fearing for his life leaves the home and goes out by the road to await for the police.... he waits... and waits...

meanwhile...

The police are on their way and suddenly realize that the man's house is located outside of their 'jurisdiction' (not part of the police station assigned) so what do the policemen do? They turn back!!!

Now... the old man gets tired of waiting and returns to his home only to meet his death by those who are stealing his stuff!

SAD and SICK! This is the level of security in this country.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2004 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago

What a terrible story! It makes me very sick!. If a situation like that would happen in another country (a serious one if you don't mind) then these police officers would be automatically separated from the police force. This is just an example of how the police works in Trinidad....they do not work!!!!! and they get more money than I do and they have less formal education than I do!. This is sickening, disgusting....

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

T&T is on a downward spiral heading for the crapper. Actually, it's already there and there's nothing anybody can do to turn things around. There was a chance, once, to turn it around. That was when Guiliani rolled into town offering his services

But he got turned down, right?

That's the problem. Trinis are a proud bunch, and the thought of having someone from NYC telling them how to run their police force, was a little too much to take…

Sometimes, having too much pride can be seriously dangerous to yuor health, as all Trinis are finding out now to their cost…

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,