Board / Forum / Post / Thread?

Board / Forum / Post / Thread - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 16th Feb, 2005 - 3:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
3rd Dec, 2003 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Q. Please can you define some of the terms used here such as Board/Forum/Post/Thread?

Forum - Refers to the entire site

Board - Refers to the categories within the forum such as the 'Music' board

Thread - Refers to the messages within a board

Post - Refers to a specific thread or message that a member made

PM - Private Message

Guidelines - The rules of the Forum (Forum Rules)

Q. How do I edit my Post?
A. See here

Q. Is there a place I can get more help?
A. You can check out the default help link which is always at the top of every page or click here. You can also ask questions in your Introduction Thread.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jul, 2004 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Thread Post Forum Board

Q. What is the purpose of the FAV button shown on Threads?
A. You will see this button or similar to it on each thread you visit. This function is for Members, it allows them to add a thread to a special page that they can track. They can even make it accessible to the public so that others can see the type of messages they are most interested in. Users that like to discuss certain ideals will especially like this.

14th Jul, 2004 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Board / Forum / Post / Thread? Feedback & FAQ News Community

My Buddy!

Q. What is that my buddy thing on certain forums?

A. On certain boards that are used mostly for welcoming members you will see the words My Buddy written in the left hand corner of your threads, this indicates to everyone the person you feel has either been most helpful to you in your integration into the community or the person that you would like some help from so you can 'feel at home'.

Q. How can I change this?
A. Via your profile.

21st Jul, 2004 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Thread Post Forum Board

Q. What are those strange numbers in the beginning of each message?
A. You mean Post IDs? Some discussions can get quite lengthy. Rather than just try and guess which page a particular message is within a thread you can link to it! The link of each message will be: 'Post ID: number' copy that link and place it anywhere you want to refer to that exact message!

Note: For those of you who edit your messages - remember to take out the redirect part so it does not confuse the script (only when editing your post).

24th Aug, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Thread Post Forum Board

Q. How do I start a poll?
A. Only Premium Plus Members can start a poll on designated boards. So if you wish to start a poll, become a Premium Plus Member.

Q. Why do some boards allow a fast reply and others do not?
A. Some boards need to emphasize the rules of good posting especially where contention or controversy can be easily brewed, this can only be done when the user hits 'Reply'. On boards that are less likely to cause that problem you will be able to access 'Fast Reply'.

Q. Why can't I just state an error that I am getting in a post, why do I have to Email you?
A. Most times what users claim as an 'error' is them simply not reading the output of a certain page, the rules or something similar. Therefore if you Email us then you cut down the embarrassment to yourself for missing the obvious. The other reason is many member accounts are unique and therefore what might be experienced by you as an 'error' may not happen to someone else.

Q. How can I get the ability to post more, start more threads, etc.?
A. Upgrade your account. You can always check the Comparison Page which tells you what each membership group has as part of its features.

10th Nov, 2004 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Q. Do you have hidden boards?
A. Yes, there are hidden boards and other features that are also hidden to certain members.

Q. Why can't I see these hidden boards and / or features?
A. They are available based on your group status. For instance if you are promoted to 'Mature' status then you can view the Mature Category. If you are in the Role-playing Game group then you can use the Role-playing Game boards, etc.

Q. How do I get mature status?
A. Mature Access is no longer offered to regular Members, only to those who Upgrade and are of course Mature enough to handle the subject matter therein. Those who already have Mature status that are not Upgraded will not be affected and will keep their current Mature Status if they have it.

Q. What are some of the hidden features?
A. If you look at the Compare page you will see a list of what Upgraded Members can see and do over Regular Members.

Q. How do I edit threads?
A. See this: Thread

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jan, 2005 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Board / Forum / Post / Thread

Edit My Message

Q. How do I edit my message?
A. Click the 'edit' button located on the top right hand corner of your message. Note: On some skins this may appear as 'Mod'. If you are unsure click on one of the buttons and see what it produces.

Q. I clicked on this Edit button, but it said I cannot edit, how come?
A. Regular members have 30 minutes in which to edit their message, after that only a moderator can edit it. If it is a really gross mistake then simply contact a moderator to make the change for you. If it is that you meant to say something and it came out the wrong way then you NEED to be more careful of what you input. 30 minutes is more than enough time to re-read your message.

Q. How can I get more editing time?
A. Upgraded accounts get 24 hours. See the comparison page.

16th Feb, 2005 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Board / Forum / Post / Thread Community News FAQ & Feedback

Editing Messages After Bots / Mods

Members should not edit their messages after a Bot or Mod has done so in order to make their post look better or to remove the comment of the Bot or Moderator.

Q. Don't I have a time limit to edit my post?
A. Yes, and that counts if your content was on topic and no Bot or Mod already edited your post. However, when they edit it - do not touch your post again.

Q. How do you know if I edit a post that a Mod or Bot already edited?
A. Anything you do or a Mod or Bot does to a post is logged, including the number of times and the last person to do it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Board / Forum / Post / Thread?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,