Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 3 of 7

A friend who has been together with his partner - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Aug, 2008 - 4:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Gay Marriage USA
Amending the US Constitution
6th Jun, 2008 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 3

Maybe the solution for this is to make marriage a federal institution.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage
A Friend

Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

I believe that everyone has free will. If you want to marry and your gay go right ahead. I do not approve of it myself but I am not the one you have to answer to. I think anyone who wants to enjoy the rights of a married couple should go ahead and get married. I do not care if your straight bi or gay. Your life style is your own and as long as it does not infringe upon my right then by all means do it. I will tell you I think it is wrong if you ask me. I will also tell you that god is your judge talk to him and see if it is something you should really do.

6th Jun, 2008 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yes that is a very big issue as long as it does infringe or corrupt the standards laid out in the Bible for a church. It was huge in Ontario when it went through as the rights of our ministers to refuse to bond two homosexuals was on the line. If the state wishes to recognize and let them bond to share benefits then so be it.

6th Jun, 2008 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

Call me unsympathetic but I just do not feel comfortable around gays. Going in the home of a couple that were married and all that would feel real odd.

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2008 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

Well, folks, I am at ground zero when it comes to gay marriage.
Already happen'n here.

Gay Wedding in SF

As many have said above, I see nothing wrong w/ it. Yes, there are traditionalists and religious people who think it terrible, but I know a lot of stable, long committed, financially sound, productive members of society who have been married to each other in their hearts for years. Now it can be legal.

At least marriage is now a "choice" for them (contrary what many may believe, being gay is NOT a "choice"). Not all will choose to get married. In fact, a lot of gays have no interest in getting married after watching their parents and many other marrieds in our world be in dysfunctional relationships that are hard to get out of. As we all know, easy to get into marriage, hard to get out if need be.

Besides gays, there are a lot of "alternative" styles of relationships being formed. You describe a romantic or sexual relationship and it is likely being tried out already somewhere in this city. People experiment and change, and society adapts over time.

4th Aug, 2008 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

There's no way that marriage can solely be considered a religious institution because of some of the other functions it fulfills. Taxes and inheritance are influenced by marriage, so it's just as much legal as it is religious, if not more. How can someone say that atheists can get married, but homosexuals can't? For the legal functions it serves, marriage should be a universal right. Besides, what right does a person have to refuse the rights of another person? What if I didn't want bald people or old people or young people or any other kind of people to get married? This isn't about opinions, it's about rights...

5th Aug, 2008 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage Same-Sex Marriage - Page 3

Yes it is about right the right to have a state marriage not a religious marriage for gays. The two are not the same and should not be viewed the same as they have some common boundaries but other that make them signifigantly different and both should be allowed and viewed separately with their own laws. That way like you said Catherine all can serve the same legal function without fringing on any ones rights.

6th Aug, 2008 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

A friend who has been together with his partner for 29 years told me recently they do not really care if they are married or not. Their concern is equal access to benefits. The friend recently retired but his partner still continues to work because he cannot access the benefits of his partner. They have been together 29 years and yet if one were to become seriously ill the other would not have access or any say in the partner's care. This is the real issue. While I do not understand nor condone the lifestyle - I firmly believe in human rights and a persons right to choice. I think every human should have equal access to health care and be able to designate who they want their beneficiary to be or who they want at their side in times of crisis.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,