Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 2 of 7

Well that means the Gay marriage rush there - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Jun, 2008 - 2:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Gay Marriage USA
Amending the US Constitution
13th Oct, 2006 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage - Page 2

Nobody said that homosexuality didn't exist. The statement was that homosexual marriage didn't exist.

I don't have any knowledge either way about that. However, even if the tradition of heterosexual marriage only has a history of 2000 years in Western Civilization, that still doesn't justify the frenzy that is going on trying to make the majority of people in the US accept homosexual marriage.

14th Oct, 2006 - 11:47am / Post ID: #

Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

This debate must be framed by the definition of marriage. This will vary to people greatly. In some cultures, marriage is a religous union between a man and a woman. In other cultures it is a contract between two people.

My personal opinion is that I am not opposed to gay marriage because I believe everyone has the right to be married. In essence, marriage to me is a union between two people, that is the spirit of the term. In reality, marriage is also a contract between two people that allows that partnership certain rights not available to other types of relationships.

I agree with Konq that if opposition to marriage is based on moral grounds, the government has no right to ban it. Homosexuality has been around since civilisation began, it was certainly more prevalent and open at the time of the Romans and Greeks than it is today. I don't have the right to tell other people how to live their life. I don't believe the church or the State has that right either.

But this is an interesting debate to follow. Sweden was one of the first countries to legalise gay marriage and it hasn't made an ounce of difference to anyone's lies except those who have taken advantage of the new laws. It hasn't encouraged more people in Sweden to become gay or broken down the fabric of family life. All it really has done is make gay people who want to be married happy.

Post Date: 15th May, 2008 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Gay Marriage Legal!

Los Angeles, San Diego, Hollywood SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - The California Supreme Court has overturned a gay marriage ban in a ruling that would make the nation's largest state the second one to allow gay and lesbian weddings.
Ref. USAToday

15th May, 2008 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

Are we going to end up with some of the states allowing gay marriage and some not or is it going to be that all the state agree to allow gay marriage? Maybe marriage should become a federal law to govern everyone.

16th May, 2008 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Gay

I doubt the US will make marriage a federal problem. It may end up that gays will have to live in certain States if they want the legal benefits of being legally married. Things can get complicated though because if you are considered 'married' in one State and not in the other then it maybe that there will have to be federal intervention in certain cases.

16th May, 2008 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage

I think you are right JB it will be state by state. The only issue I would have is forcing a minister to marry a gay couple, that would be wrong very wrong as it would go against their belief system. A judge boat caption or what ever sure.

I believe nighthawk you are right in ancient days no gay bonding were made, just illicit sexual relations. These same cultures had no issue with sexual relations outside of marriage either. In the old testament I do not recall being gay as acceptable either so it is just not modern Christianity that is against this. But enough on that we are talking do they have the right to marry, sure they do; the same as a smoker has the right to die of cancer. They can marry then live with any consequence that may exist now or later. I also do not feel any Judge should be forced to marry them if they feel is is going to be in conflict with the religouse beliefs, which is fair since many will not mind doing it.

Free choice is very important and should be granted to them. Just as I have the right not to consider it proper or right.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Marriage Same-Sex Marriage - Page 2

Stay on same-sex marriages denied

The California Supreme Court has denied a request by Utah and nine other states to delay its ruling allowing same-sex marriages until after the November election. Paul Murphy, spokesman for the Utah Attorney General's Office, said the request for the stay was aimed at preventing the potential for unnecessary litigation.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700232000,00.html

6th Jun, 2008 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Gay Marriage Same-Sex Marriage Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Well that means the Gay marriage rush there will continue and is why I am slated to attend one in July. I really doubt I am going though the cost flight alone is brutal.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Gay Marriage - Same-Sex Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,