Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG - Page 2 of 49

Quasar shakes his head, like he just woke - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2013 - 2:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
Best of  Oinodaemon' s This is the MAIN Game Thread for those who already have a Character created. Do note that although the backbone is Dungeons & Dragons the game rules have a strong variant side. Check Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" Rules And Setting for details.
Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG Related Information to Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG
1st Mar, 2013 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG - Page 2

Quasar- "Wull, stranger, no offense or nothin', but ah think it may be best if ah be shovin' off again. We got two days return journey 'head of us, an' all." The weaseley man shrugs apologetically, "Ah know one good place, The Drunken Walrus. Head down the strit a li'l ways, then cut North for two blocks, and ye'll see the sign. They often have musicians an' such, as well as good drink."

As you step onto the dock, you see that the streets themselves are raised platforms on stilts, standing maybe two feet off the ground. A large loading ramp leads up to the street, as well as a small set of stairs. There is no one moving on the street, and the rain has begun to pour in earnest.

Out of Game: I answered your question on my review page.

Reconcile Edited: Oinodaemon on 1st Mar, 2013 - 7:36pm

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2013 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

RPG Darknessquot quotInto Oinodaemons

Zed- You look about for signs of the womans passing, but her prints in the mud seem to just...stop. After a couple of twists and turns you arrive back on the street you began on. The sign that had been barely visible before now hangs just to your left. The Drunken Walrus, it says, and music and light spill from the windows.

2nd Mar, 2013 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Bidding farewell to the vessel and its crew, Quasar follows the Captain's directions, walking slowly under the thick rain. Pulling his hood to protect his face, he proceeds to the Drunken Walrus tavern hoping to find easily the way. Looks like the harsh weather kept away most of the inhabitants from the streets. Staring at the empty docks, he gets almost the feeling he is the last man in the world.
He shakes his head, driving away unpleasant thoughts, then hastens his pace attracted by the warmth and safety of the tavern.

2nd Mar, 2013 - 6:16am / Post ID: #

Page 2 RPG Darknessquot quotInto Oinodaemons

Quasar- As you make your way towards a building that looks very much like a tavern, from the sign hanging out front and the sounds of jollitty echoing down the lonely street, a shadowy figure steps from an alley on the far side of the tavern and approaches the door. His features become distuingishable as he steps into the light and you realize it is an Elf. He opens the door and steps into the bar.

"Cold night, isn't it?" A gentlemanly voice asks casually behind you. You turn around to see a posh man in a conical hat standing practically right next to you. He holds a short cane, and white lace spills from his chest. He tips his hat to you, revealing close cropped hair, though you can't make out much more in the darkness. "Not a pleasant night to be wandering the streets, I daresay."

Zed - Out of Game: I'm sparing you the trouble of opening the door and entering, 'cause I know that will be your action. For other players, Zed has been a regular of mine for a year now, I won't take liberties like this with your characters unless you're gone for a long time without explanation.

In Game: You open the door and enter the brightly lit tavern, dazed as a cacophony of noises and smells wash over you. The Drunken Walrus is quite busy, filled with rough faced workers, probably locals unwinding after a hard days work. A man dressed in brightly colored silks plays some sort of instrument on a stage, while a beautiful young woman sings a bawdy ranchers song to the melody. The only open seat appears to be next to a man drinking a very large mug of ale at a table by himself. His hair is brown, and long moustaches dangle on either side of his mouth.

2nd Mar, 2013 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

RPG Darknessquot quotInto Oinodaemons

"Cold and wet", answers Quasar to the weird stranger, "But looks like I'm not the only one daring to venture outside. Who I have the honor to be entertaining in conversation?". The magician keeps his eyes on the man, a little bit unease after being surprised from the back. He shows an open smile, trying to hide his real feelings. His right hand holds the quarterstaff, like if it was a long walking stick, while his left hand, hidden under the cloak, runs to one of the daggers stored on the sides of the belt.

2nd Mar, 2013 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG

Quasar- He hesitates for a long moment, then speaks, sounding confused, "My...name, is not important. What is important is you. "
His teeth are very white, and stand out strongly as he smiles. You still cannot make out features, but a feeling of friendliness and good will comes over you. This man is your friend, and always will be. He continues speaking. "Good, now I have a link. You will make a wonderful tool, magician. The key is in Lyon's tomb. You will remember that." Your wonderful new friend pats you gently on the cheek, then turns and strides away, into the shadows with an added, "Carry on with your business, I'll check on you shortly."

After a moment, you come out of your stupor. The last few moments, and the gentleman himself, are only a vague blur in your mind, except for the absolute knowledge he is on your side and the words, "The key is in Lyon's tomb."

Out of Game: Just to explain, I had you make a Will save vs his Spell
You rolled 15, unmodified, vs 6 (your Wisdom) 6-4 you would have felt nothing significant towards the man, 3-1 you would have felt disgusted by the man, and possibly realized he tried to cast a spell on you (which would require a seperate Int check). I won't give details again unless you ask, but I wanted you to see my process.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Mar, 2013 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into Darkness" 3.5 RPG - Page 2

Zedthorn [looks] curiously at the lone seat and after a moment walks over to the table "Excuse me sir but do you mind if I sit here"[.]

3rd Mar, 2013 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Oinodaemon's "Into Darkness" 3.5 RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

Quasar shakes his head, like he just woke up from a confusing dream. Without paying too much consideration to what happened in front of the tavern, he opens the door and steps into the establishment.
The sound of the players and the singing voice help to give some warmth to his bones, a welcome novelty after the trip and the walk under the rain. The tavern seems pretty crowded. The magician starts to look around for a free table.

Out of Character: I imagined I had been charmed. No need to explain from now on, I use pretty much the same system in my game so is clear for me.

Rather off topic, but...
Hey, man, are you really planning to join FE? That would be great!

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (49) »

> TOPIC: Oinodaemon's "Into The Darkness" 3.5 RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.