Halloween - Page 2 of 9

It seems to be, now that the summer holidays - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Sep, 2006 - 8:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you participate in Halloween?
  Yes       76.47%
  No       14.71%
  Sometimes       5.88%
  When I was a child       2.94%
Total Votes: 34
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Trick or Treat, Give Me Something Nice to Eat! This is about the celebration itself. Around the Community you will find various aspects of Halloween discussed. Do a Search or look at the recommended links within this Thread.
Halloween Related Information to Halloween
28th Oct, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Halloween - Page 2

Yes I love the halloween time. I prepair for it all year long. and one reason is that it is a time that one can use their imaginations as well as give the younger one some fun while having it themselves and you also get to relive your own childhood in doing things and giving thing.
another thing about the trick-or -treating is that it helps the kids when they become adults. in the way that they can see things differently from the outside of a house to the inside. for instance a missionary in training might think a haunted looking house is not good to track to, but the teaching of halloween says that it may be spooky on the outside but there is friendly people on the inside.

Sponsored Links:
28th Oct, 2004 - 10:47am / Post ID: #

Halloween

Two days before U.S. elections, this holiday deserves a lot of kerry/bush impressions. Either one can be very frightening and entertaining.

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2004 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Halloween Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

PLAYING IN THE DARK: DOES CELEBRATING HALLOWEEN COMPROMISE FAITH?

This weekend, in the spirit of Halloween tradition, people will dress up as all sorts of frightening creatures: ghosts, goblins, witches, devils, monsters, ax murderers, vampires, French maids and Elvis.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...01747%2C00.html

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2005 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Halloween

HALLOWEEN - TROUBLE OR TREAT?

For some children the Halloween holiday is a close second to Christmas and a little better than a birthday. After all, they get to dress up like a hero, monster or a ghoul, loot the neighborhood for treats and even take their clever costumes to school to show off.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

29th Oct, 2005 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Halloween

This is another element of halloween that makes me weary, safety, especially in the times we live:

EDITORIAL: MAKE HALLOWEEN WHOLESOME

Children seldom mull over a newspaper editorial. So parents should read this one and pass the word along. The Children's Safety Zone offers suggestions for children, parents and - often forgotten - the homeowners along the way.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2005 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Halloween
A Friend

Halloween

I see this is an old topic, but I'll respond anyway. I love Halloween. I think it's a wonderful time for imagination and fun and dressing up. My children are getting older so the trick or treat thing isn't a part of our Halloween as much anymore. Instead we watch scary movies (not gory, but good old ghost stories, suspense and such) and we go to haunted houses which are in the area. We have a lot of fun doing this, especially my boys.

I love the old, old horror movies of the past. Now most of them are more funny than scary, especially since the special effects are so outdated. However, it's fun for us to watch them and we usually end up having a good laugh over them. I have quite a collection of the old Vincent Price and other old horror movies. They are fun to watch around Halloween also and add to our celebration of the holiday.

Sheryl

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Oct, 2005 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Halloween - Page 2

I see this is an old topic, but I'll respond anyway

In this Community Topics are never old, please see Constructive posting policy or here.

This topic is not really about horror shows, as much as the celebration of Halloween itself, however, as you bring it up and use the words,
'Now most of them are more funny than scary'

One should really be scared about a culture that views stabbing, blood, gore and people screaming as entertainment. This is the problem with Halloween, where do you draw the line. Is there something such as too scary, what about too brutal, or too gory... for me there is a point where the 'dark' element should be left out and other characters brought in. In other words, why dress up with an axe through your skull, blood all over your face having someone's head chopped off and carrying it in your hand? We live in a world where there are people who actually do these things for real.

6th Sep, 2006 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

It seems to be, now that the summer holidays are over, and the kids have just gone back to school, people are now looking forward to planning the next celebration of Halloween.
Just this week, I have heard it from 3 different people, about their plans for this occasion.

Personally, I don't celebrate Halloween, as in accordance with my religion, but if kids call trick or treating on Halloween, I do have a big bag of candy/sweets/chocolate for them to choose from.

If my Husband opens the door, he tends to give the callers money.

My 17 year old son, tends to hand trick or treaters a church tract, explaining why Halloween isn't really such a good idea.

So I guess, everybody has a different outlook to how Halloween should be.laugh.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Halloween

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,