Fbi Tackles Congressmen

Fbi Tackles Congressmen - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Oct, 2004 - 1:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Results of ABSCAM
Post Date: 15th Oct, 2004 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Fbi Tackles Congressmen

In the late 1970s the FBI lured members of Congress into an elaborate plan where they possed as Middle Eastern men looking to do some business.

On Sept. 19, 1978, I became a landlord for the FBI. I didn't know it at the time. FBI agents, using the apparently nonexistent Olympic Construction Corp. as a cover, rented my house at 4407 W. St. NW for their "sting" operation ABSCAM. The FBI is a good tenant. It pays the rent on time. It also likes to make improvements.
Ref. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local...dal/lescaze.htm

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2004 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Congressmen Tackles Fbi

This was very interesting to me, because I was not aware of the ABSCAM scandal until I read this story. I was only 3 years old when apparently the ABSCAM operation made big news, so that would explain my ignorance on the subject. I did some more searching on the ABSCAM and found that one senator and five congressmen were subsequently convicted as a result of the FBI operations described here.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2004 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Fbi Tackles Congressmen
A Friend

Fbi Tackles Congressmen History & Civil Business Politics

The FBI can rent my place anytime they like if they intend to invest $25000 to spruce it up!

Surely the landlord must have been suspicious about his tennant. No one spends that kind of money fixing up a rented property. Back in 78' 25k was a lot.

> TOPIC: Fbi Tackles Congressmen

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,