Enidris Siurano Rodríguez

Enidris Siurano Rodríguez - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 24th Apr, 2013 - 8:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Puerto Rican Teen Refuses To Pledge Allegiance To The American Flag
24th Apr, 2013 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

I understand her rights but standing during the pledge is a sign of respect. If I was in another country, I would stand and show respect but instead she gets an apology? I don't get it.

international QUOTE
International music acts like Ricky Martin and Calle 13 have thrown their support behind a 15-year-old girl who claims she was chastised by her school for refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Enidris Siurano Rodríguez, a sophomore at Damascus High School in Montgomery County in Maryland, has protested U.S. Policy on Puerto Rico since she was in seventh grade by silently sitting during the daily Pledge of Allegiance.

"I do not agree with the way the United States treats Puerto Rico... I think Puerto Rico has an undemocratic situation, I dislike the idea that a government so far [from the island] tells us what we can and cannot do," she told the leading Puerto Rican daily newspaper, El Nuevo Día.

Earlier this month, Rodriguez said she was asked to stand by a teacher and complied under duress before being called to the principal's office to discuss the matter. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Thu Apr 18 18:00:57 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
I wish there was more on enidris siurano rodríguez has to be expounded quickly maybe that to get the facts.

> TOPIC: Enidris Siurano Rodríguez

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,