Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 
5th Nov, 2004 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board?

If you don't know what a modder is then you can probably ignore this wink.gif

I'm looking for someone with an interest in game modding, preferably with 3ds Max software.

And preferably a Rome:Total War fanatic. Modding can be learnt if you're young-minded enough wink.gif

Dubhdara.

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2005 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Board This Modders Any

I once considered getting into it when Doom was popular and even bought VRML books and software to study it more, but alas it did not take fruit. Have you completed any special effects? If so, I would like to see some examples.

8th Feb, 2005 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board? Reviews RPG & Card Board

No, I'm new to the more serious side of modding. I do not know 3ds max. I'm working with a team on a project in my spare time and had a bit of a dream of getting some lds guys together to create a BOM mod. It'd be a great educational medium too. We could get away with not using 3ds max but at least one good texturer, scripter, and mapper would be needed and probably a writer too. All would need to have a basic knowledge of the files and workings of R:TW (by far the best game to make such a mod).

I might put some screenies up on my current private project if you want, but not for a few weeks wink.gif

Dubhdara.

25th Apr, 2008 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Board This Modders Any

Well, it's been a little longer than a few weeks. smile.gif

I finished the main project, though another is still working on a polish and expansion to it. You can view all the details here: Fourth Age - Total War

I also finished two other projects, one based on Irish mythology and another "sampler" which was featured on the PC Gamer UK cover DVD a few months ago.

I'm currently nearing completion of the modification I always dreamed of doing - a Book of Mormon one! I've been working on it since December, and it has the support of an artist, games designer and musician. It's about time we had such a game!

However, I am still interested in anyone who might wish to contribute. I will wait for someone to point me in the right direction before I give details or screenies.

Just a reminder that mods are non-commercial in nature.

25th Apr, 2008 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Board This Modders Any

Dubhdara, good to see you again, but that link leads to a blnk page. A lot has changed here including me creating two online Book of Mormon games, you should check them HERE.

25th Apr, 2008 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders On This Board?

Hey, glad you remember me biggrin.gif

The above link works for me.

Anyway, your BOM game looks good - something I have always wanted to setup and do (and have tried in the past to do on paper as a PBM).

Here is a temporary page to some screenshots from my mod (entitled "Title of Liberty - Total War"): Title of Liberty - Total War

It will allow players to fight battles (not campaigns) over the Net too.

This has not been publicized as of yet and my chief aim here is to attract those who may wish to contribute to this, although I am aiming to finish it this Summer.

Is it possible to setup a private forum for such a project (that's if anyone is interested)?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Apr, 2008 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders This Board

The screen shots look nice! I will have to try to dwonlad and install this over the next while. Seems you have some fans!

25th Apr, 2008 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Any Modders This Board Board Card & RPG Reviews

I know why the first link did not work for me, you are using scripting technology that my browser stopped, you may want to look into that as others will also get blocked. We now have an RPG Review Board so I am moving this there.

Rather off topic, but...
Of course I remember you, you used to put down some good Posts here, but then slacked off, I guess because of your project. It will be good reading your input again.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Any Modders On This Board?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,