The Purpose Of Life - Page 2 of 4

Name: Helper Comments: Hi, The Purpose of - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 7th Jan, 2008 - 11:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
...And what is your purpose?
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 7:26am / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Of Life - Page 2

I feel that the meaning of life can be found within yourself. Every person purpose is different. My purpose in life is to seek truth and revelation of God. I not only find joy in the discovery of others cultural and religious beliefs, but find bits and pieces that can move me towards a more open and enlightened mind. If I come to the end of my life and have learned nothing, have not been enlightened, and cannot relate to others any better, then I have failed the mission that I have been allotted on this earth. People need to have a purpose in life, to have a goal, something to fill that void in peoples lives that every human being appears to be born with.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Jan, 2005 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

Life Purpose The

Yes, GI Jane; joy gives meaning. Joy is what we all long for. Given our presence (of course we don't know why humans are here), joy and peace is all that matters. It seems that absolutely everybody spend their lives trying to obtain good feelings. Absolutely everything we do is part of obtaining a good feeling, even the seemingly altruistic actions. This is why we live in comfortable houses, drive comfortable and status cars, eat fine food, drink alcohol, mingle with friends, go to work, help people, study etc. Even me writing these words is part of the same; I gives me a good feeling to communicate, to be seen etc. So instead of spending most our time to get money, to buy things that gives good feelings, we must try to find out what gives good feelings in a more efficient way. That would stop crime, pollution, starving and a lot of problems. So it is.
Aia.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Of Life Beliefs Religious General

I am in agreement with what Nighthawk and Tenaheff said. It is important for me to know those things (the purposes outlined in their posts) that they talked about, and those answers have given me peace and joy. I also think that there happens to be a lot of purposes in life. I feel that we should take this life and try to learn what we can, in a variety of things, and use that to benefit ourselves and others. For example, I really appreciate being here in this forum because you wonderful people have shared what you have learned scholastically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. I think that all experience is for our good, maybe even some of the ones we don't like. Some of my experiences have been horrendous, but now they help me to have compassion, to be a good listener, to teach me just how strong I am in being able to survive it all (therefore giving me proof that I can handle just about anything), and to have a sincere desire to help others.

I think that learning to love is an important purpose in life. Those who's lives pass them by without feeling love for others I am sorry for. Not that their lives are ruined, but love is a very enriching experience.

As far as my specific purpose, I believe I have many. I believe that I have a mission to love and help children. I believe my purpose is to be a wife and a mother. I believe that I am to love and try to become more like Jesus Christ, learning and following in all He did.

I think it's true, but do those answers necessarily have to be correct?

Why wouldn't I want them to be correct? I want be wise by trying to study these things out and search for the truth. I want to know the truth about my existence and the reasons for it. For me, I don't want my life being wasted on trivial things that don't really matter in the bigger scheme of things. If I know my purpose, then I can live a more fulfilling life by setting goals to achieve that purpose. Now, I know you don't believe in this kind of thing, but for some of us, YES, we want the correct answers as far as we can find out.

(of course we don't know why humans are here),

There are those of us who feel that we do know why we are here. If you don't believe the same way, that's ok, but please don't entirely dismiss the fact that different people have at least proposed some of those possible purposes.

Life ...maybe is just meant to be lived and enjoyed and has no purpose in itself but in what one set for himself.

I'll tell you what, I will let you have your opinion that life is just meant to be lived for the enjoyment of it if I can have my opinion that there is a higher purpose in life for such amazing and complex beings to live than that. smile.gif For some people, searching for purpose in life is one of the most important things to find out. Thanks for reading my opinion.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 17th Jan, 2005 - 2:02pm

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2005 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

Page 2 Life Purpose The

My opinion is that the purpose of life in general is to live. Life is a revelatory experience for both ourselves as a part of the Divine and for Divinity Itself in that we are reflected emanations of the Divine. Our existence, and the existence of all else that has ever existed, exists or will ever exist, is a reflection that allows Divinity to learn its own nature.

My personal purpose in life is to learn any and everything there is to know, for only through a knowledge of all that has ever been, is now, or shall ever be, can one know Truth or Divinity. I realize that as an individual I may never attain such knowledge, and that does not bother me for I believe that as a part of the Divine (and ONLY as a part of the Divine - not as an individual) I am a part of eternity, so there's lots of time left.

16th Aug, 2005 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Life Purpose The

Based on my beliefs (which are rooted in Hinduism but may not altogether reflect it), the purpose of life is to attain liberation from the world in which we live and merge with God. Weird huh? Well my "religion" is a bit unheard of. Its not merely following His teachings, rules etc..It teaches that we are God, we are divine, we simply don't know it and when we recognise what we truly are, then we can become one with Him. That is the ultimate purpose of life but to achieve that we have to pay for our bad actions/bad Karma of this life and past lives (since reincarnation plays a major role in my religion). So I guess that is my personal purpose of life-Do Good.
Ah! But what fun it is to do the opposite! I just can't help myself.... I'm so good at being bad! biggrin.gif

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2005 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Of Life

It teaches that we are God, we are divine, we simply don't know it and when we recognise what we truly are, then we can become one with Him.

Fortress I like the above quote I am a Latter-Day Saint and we have (while not exact) but a simular belief. We believe that if we do all we can go to the temple receive sacred ordinances and endowments and then if we keep all the commandments that we can (which only one has lived and kept all the commandments) we will instead of becoming one with God, we will become like God.

Has for the purpose of Life, I believe it is finding happiness and joy in our daily lives. I do believe in the three questions that nighthawk put forth and I will answer them accordingly with what I believe:

1. Where do I come from? I know that I existed before, I once lived in a beautiful world were I had bro. and sis. as numerous as the sand in the sea and desert. After a huge battle in which a third of my siblings were exiled, the remaining two thirds prepared to come to this earth and receive a body of flesh and bone.

2. Why am I here? I came to this earth to gain a physical body, and to gain experiences that I wouldn't of been able to in my previous world. To help me in my journey my father placed a veil of forgetfulness over my mind so I can truly be tested and challenged. If I am luck I will find God's truth and be able to find my way back to him.

3. Where am I going? If you ask my mom she'll tell you I'm going crazy. shocked.gif' /><!--endemo-->  Actually how I lived my life is dependant on where we go, unlike most religions I don't believe that a just God would just have two places for his children.  There are four places, If I have done all I can have gained a testimony of Jesus Christ and kept the Commandments to the best of my ability I will go to the Celestial Kingdom to dwell with God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ for all eternity.  If I'm not a valiant soldier in the army of God I will be sent to the Terrestial Kingdom, where I will be blessed to be with Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.  If I become a murderer and have never even heard the gospel I will be sent to the Tellestial Glory where  the Holy Ghost will come to visit.  But if for some tragic chance I am blessed with the knowledge of the Savior and turn completely away from it and persecute his church and get filled with such hate that my soul has no light in it whatsoever then I will be cursed with a kingdom that is not of glory and will be unfortunate to be sent to Outer darkness where Satan and Cain and all of the other Sons of Perditions belong.<br /><br />These are my beliefs of the questions.<br /> </p></div>

</div><div style=
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2005 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Life - Page 2

I believer that we all have a different purpose in life, but a common goal we are supposed to achieve. I believe that we are all called to be children of God and accept what He has done for us. With that, our purpose becomes to live for Him and to tell others of the gift we have been given.

God gives each of us gifts, though, that makes our specific purpose in life different from anybody else's. Some of us are called to be teachers, preachers, engineers, and so on. We all have our different gifts, and I believe God desires us to use those gifts for His purpose.

My specific purpose...that's a tough one to answer. I know He has given me the abilities to teach, and so I am making my life career teaching. He has also given me the gift to connect with children and youth in a personal way, and I use that to minister to younger ones. I know He has so many different specific instances that He has planned just for me, and I am so excited to wake up each day and see what He has in store for me on that day.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2008 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

The Purpose Life General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

Name: Helper

Comments: Hi, The Purpose of Life? Everyone I guess does ask this question when they hear it, see it, or just somehow just happen to think about it....But it seems like such a Huge Mystery and it seems it would take a life time to come up with a Right or Good answer. It seems so tough that we put it on a shelf and wait for a good answer to show up some day...And so the search goes on for each and every one of us... But as for Me? I feel I have found the Answer and Answers to the purpose and Meaning of Life all written and waiting to be Read in the BIBLE. Yes!Yes!Really...But wait! Don't just Believe Me or take my word for it, Check out if there's any truth in what I'm saying, is all I'm Asking...I.E.
Some Quotes that come to mind, WE ARE ALL LIKE SHEEPS GONE ASTRAY EACH ONE TO HIS OWN WAY....ISA.53 VS.6 Some Warnings Too!...THERE IS A WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT UNTO MAN BUT IN THE END THERE OF IT WILL LEAD YOU TO DEATH....Prv.16:25 So, FOR ME? The I have Found the Meaning of Life written by the LIFE GIVER HIMSELF, ALL IN THE BIBLE...HELPER

Source1: The Bible
Source2: Prov. 16 vs. 25 and Isa. 53 vs. 6

+  1 2 3 4 
> TOPIC: The Purpose Of Life

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,