Tachycardia

Tachycardia - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2004 - 9:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Dec, 2004 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #

Tachycardia

Tachycardia, in simplistic terms, is an abnormally fast heart rate. As a child, I suffered from bouts of tachycardia that were triggered by ephedrine or variants of ephedrine, most commonly found in decongestants. I seemed to have outgrown this 'allergy' as I have been able to take decongestants with ephedrine or pseudo-ephedrine and not have a tachycardia attack.
As a child, my resting heartbeat was normally around 100-120 with it getting into the 200's when the tachycardia set in. The worst for me was the pounding chest pains; it would be so bad that I literally had to lay still and take long, long, deep breaths, which would force the heart to slow down. I have a few relatives who suffered from the exact same problem, so I assumed it was genetic, although I seemed to have outgrown it, and others in my family have not.
Here is a link to a website that discusses what Tachycardia is. Do you know of anyone who has or had this problem?

https://www.studio-delos.com/tachy/tachy2.htm

Sponsored Links:
23rd Dec, 2004 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

Tachycardia

Thanks for the information and link Malexander. I was born with Tachycardia, I do not know if the reason for it, was that my mother smoke through my pregnancy. There are times I feel it very strong, specially if I am under a lot of stress, I feel my heart beating very fast and I have chest pains. My grandmother also, who now was diagnosed with an arrhythmia in her heart, is also suffering from tachycardia.

> TOPIC: Tachycardia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,