Learning Another Language - Page 2 of 4

Irikosan I have not heard anyone use silly - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 15th Nov, 2005 - 11:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2005 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Learning Another Language
A Friend

Learning Another Language - Page 2

I've been learning English for over 30 yrs and I still get in trouble when I pronounce something. laugh.gif

I have recently took the challange to learn Tagalog, my new girlfriend is a filipina and she has asked me to learn her language. I have to admit trying to pronounce the language is very difficult. If there are any Philippinos on the site or anyone who can speak Tagalog fluently. HELP! I can't find the Tagalog alphabet anywhere and I'm just guessing at how to pronounce the words.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2005 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Language Learning

I am currently taking a Sign Language class, and that is an incredibly interesting language to learn. One misconception is that Sign Language is NOT English. For those of us who can hear, which is the whole class, we are trying to take an English language, and turn it into Sign Language. It's not easy! It is a completely different language, and we're trying to incorporate English factions into it.

14th Sep, 2005 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Learning Another Language UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Babyblues, that's great!. I always wanted to learn sign language until I find out that it is not a universal language. I always thought that for example people in the US and the people here in Argentina would use the same type of sign language. I think is great that you are learning that and you can help so many people.

international QUOTE
I can't find the Tagalog alphabet anywhere

Source and Source
I found the following links for you, hope it helps wink.gif.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2005 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Language Learning

Thank you LDS_Forever, you are a God send. This will help me greatly in my learning the language.

Post Date: 17th Sep, 2005 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Language Learning

I always enjoy learning a new language. It simply that I love culture and history and geography. Besides, In my opinion it's more fun to be with people from other cultures then my own.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2005 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I couldn't agree more Yellowknife, it seems if I'm around people of different cultures I seem to have more fun. Of course the secret to learning any language is the immersion method. In other words, living amongst the people. If you live amongst them you learn the language better, but more important is you gain a greater love for the people.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Learning Language - Page 2

I speak Japanese, Chinese and English fluently, and I can say it is not so hard at all to learn other languages. Japanese is my home language - English is my second and Chinese my third. English was hardest to learn for me, it took me two years to speak even the broken English as I do now, but it helps me with my Latin, German and French studies. ^^ I don't want to be a linguist though.
Though I speak three language fluently, I am learning French, Korean, German and Latin for fun.
If you have doubts about your abilities I think you are a silly noodle! ^_^

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Learning Language Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

Irikosan I have not heard anyone use silly noodle since I was your age, I think the fact that you are learning all of these languages is way cool. While I started studying languages in my mid 20's I have found it harder, I regret not starting when I was younger like yourself. I admire your drive to learn has many languages has you can.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Learning Another Language

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,