Refer My Friends

Refer Friends - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 10th Feb, 2017 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Members who invite friends and family that Donate get a huge bonus for the referral / referrals.
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2005 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Refer My Friends

Refer My Friends

Have you ever referred a friend or family member to this community? If you have, did they stay? If they did not, why do you think they did respond well to your invitation? Is it that you thought they would like it because you did?

New Option: Get FP For Donating Referals

From 10 February, 2017 onward if you invite someone here and they Donate to the Community then you get half the FP of their first Donation! For example: If someone you invited gets 2,500 FP then you will get 1,250 FP.

How to Refer Your Friends to this Community

To invite your friends and family to this Community is very simple and you can even get credit for it!

1. First thing to do is think of people that will have a common interest here or in other words will be a 'good' contributor to the Community. Please do not invite users that are not serious about being here, nor should you 'force' or 'nag' someone to join since often times users that register in this way do not stay or start to troll.

2. If your referral accepts your invitation then after Registering they should add your Member Username as part of their Introduction. For example: "I joined this Community for 'x' and was invited by 'y' who is already a member here.

3. When they make their first Donation then you will get half of the FP equivalent added to your Membership!

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2005 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Friends Refer

I mass emailed all of my contacts with a detailed description of all of the features here. One was interested in the Role-playing Game, the other in the discussion - but neither of them stayed. Turgan because the required participation was too high for him and because he realized the joke board doesn't count (*laugh*) and Griffith because he is pretty busy, and he told me from the beginning he might not stay for long.

15th Jan, 2005 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

Refer My Friends Feedback & FAQ News Community

I've invited my son on numerous occasions, but he's begged off saying he's way too busy and involved on other sites and with work, girlfriend, etc. I've also casually mentioned to some folks that I am a moderator on an International Discussion Forum and how interesting it is and how much I love it.... Or, I mention a discussion we're having on my internet forum and how interesting it is… and I get no response except… "Oh, really? How interesting… " And then the subject is changed. ::shrug:: I think it takes a particular sort of person to really enjoy the Forum here, and to interact well with others of this "Sort" (Me included!).

So, I'm sure that when I mention it to someone who then responds with, "Really? What type of site is that? I'd enjoy reading that… what's that URL again?" That's the type of person we want here, and who will want to *be* here smile.gif I haven't found one of those yet.

Roz.

20th Jan, 2005 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Friends Refer

international QUOTE
I think it takes a particular sort of person to really enjoy the Forum here, and to interact well with others of this "Sort" (Me included!).

Yes, I get that 'sort' of response too. The other type of 'sort' I get here is when they (Someone I invited) try to log in and because we do not accept AOL Email addresses they get lazy and give up. I guess the information age has made the 'value' of information not as important as it used to be.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2005 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Refer My Friends
A Friend

Friends Refer

Well, so far I have only referred my husband, who will be staying because "he likes the interesting discussions, and most of all because I am here." wink.gif Since he doesn't have a lot of time to come here, I don't know if he will upgrade or not. I have a lot of friends to refer, so hopefully I will get more. I think it should be easy to want to stay because this is such a clean place for mature discussions, there is such a wide variety of topics to choose from, people are warm and friendly, and one can learn so much here.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 22nd Jan, 2005 - 11:03pm

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2005 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Refer My Friends
A Friend

Refer My Friends

I invited a friend once, and she really liked it. She didn't end up staying, though. I think it was more because she got so busy in life and on our Role-playing Game that it was one or the other. I really do wish she would have stayed because she's one of the few people on the Role-playing Game I can have a mature discussion with, and since we're on two opposite ends of the spectrum, we can engross ourselves with a mature debate. The only problem with doing that on our boards is that we get the little thirteen year olds who like to take offense to everything and start fights. I am sad she didn't come back. I may bring it back up to her and see if she has time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2005 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Refer Friends

Although it is admirable that you wish to invite your friend here - if she came and left before it is likely that she will do the same thing again as the setup of this Community is rigid. Of course you can still ask her, but I would not entice her as it would only be extra work to keep deleting members that really do not want to be here - something that we have started to do a lot recently to keep the DB clear of needless data.

10th Feb, 2017 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Refer Friends Community News FAQ & Feedback

Here is another feature we used to have but removed when we added the Social Join / Login system. I am bringing it back today and edited the first Post with the requirements and the reward Members get for referring their family and friends.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Refer My Friends

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,