Platinum Membership - Page 3 of 5

A problem with splitting the membership into - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 15th Feb, 2005 - 4:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

Platinum Membership
A Friend

Platinum Membership - Page 3

I cant think of what I would like more in a forum. Its tough to come up with something to add with platinum. Maybe a flashing light around the avatar. I think maybe platinum could be reserved for continual givers, or givers above a certain amount, either way, reserved for people that have been around awhile and always support the forum with their posts and money. Either way, in my opinion, platinum should be something very special, maybe something you cant necessarily buy your way into.

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2005 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Membership Platinum

I agree with konquererz, it might be good to have it take more than just a contribution. I think it shouldn't be possible for a brand new user to come to the forum, give some money and become platinum. I think a donation is in order, but perhaps as suggested, this could be more than just that. After a certain amount of money as well as a certain amount of time has passed. I think time is more important than posts as well. This would ensure the user truly integrates well into the community and is here to stay.

14th Feb, 2005 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Platinum Membership Feedback & FAQ News Community

Flashing light around avatar? If you mean a morphed avatar this is already included, please view Compare page where you will see the Platinum coulmn being built. If you really mean flashing then see my previous post before this one about detracting from content.

As for the suggestion about 'buying' into Platinum that may be a good idea, but then again how do you decided when someone is 'integrated'? We have had members here for a long time who at the end needed to be deleted or left after what seemed to be a good integration. Then we have had members who post nothing but wrote and said they want to make a donation simply because they like what they see and want to contribute. In my mind if you are willing to donate for a Platinum you must be serious since it is for six months and not a full year. However if you want a Special Reserve kind of membership then maybe I need to introduce a 'Diamond Membership' too?

14th Feb, 2005 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Membership Platinum

As for the suggestion about 'buying' into Platinum that may be a good idea, but then again how do you decided when someone is 'integrated'? We have had members here for a long time who at the end needed to be deleted or left after what seemed to be a good integration. Then we have had members who post nothing but wrote and said they want to make a donation simply because they like what they see and want to contribute.

Very good point. I guess, the only thing I could say is the risk is lower the longer you have been on the forum, but there will never be a guarantee. It is probably best to just leave it as a monetary consideration only.

14th Feb, 2005 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Membership Platinum

What I could do is add a Diamond icon to those members who have been contributing over 'x' time and with this Diamond icon comes a bonus of 'x' FP rather than create a whole new group of features. This diamond icon will then be given based on time rather than having a user make a contribution to get it. What do you think?

14th Feb, 2005 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Platinum Membership

I like the idea of a tiered membership level. The member would still make their donation and get the entry level membership, whatever that is. However, over time, if they maintain their donations to keep the entry level, then they accumulate into higher level memberships, where they earn FP, or maybe a couple of perks here and there. That way both contributions (monetary and participatory (FarSeer, is that a word?)) are honored.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Feb, 2005 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Platinum Membership - Page 3

Okay, looks like we are going to have a Diamond group too, but for the sake of Sanity I will keep this an FP gain and maybe the user's personal hidden Board. When I say hidden, they will have a link to it, but it will not show up in the General Forums to avoid confusion. Within the user's Board they can discuss ANYTHING (no mature stuff though) they like, including topics already started in the main forum. It will be 'their' board for sure.

15th Feb, 2005 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Platinum Membership Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

A problem with splitting the membership into two sixth year terms is the distribution of FPs. Are they to be given in twice every year? Or maybe once every other donation?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Platinum Membership

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,