Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 4 of 6

Royal couple move into Welsh home Prince Charles - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 1:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Do you agree that Prince Charles and Camilla Parker make a better looking couple than Prince Charles and Diana did?
  Yes       25.00%
  No       75.00%
Total Votes: 4
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
A statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II said: "The Duke of Edinburgh and I are very happy that The Prince of Wales and Mrs. Parker Bowles are to marry. We have given them our warmest good wishes for their future together."
Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker Related Information to Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker
  • Britain - Culture & Tradition
  • Smoking in Britain - The 'Killer' Facts
  • Born in Britain? - Citizen or Subject?
  • Tony Blair
  • 29th May, 2007 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 4

But based on your posts, you seem to justify her affairs because she was "lonely". I don't get it. Whether she did it because she was lonely or not is irrelevant.

Prince Charles was an adulter, Camilla is an adulteress and so was Diana. All my posts emphasize that Diana was very unhappy in her marriage because Prince Charles loved his mistress and not her. I am not saying that two wrongs make a right but I am trying to shed light on what led to Diana's affairs. Diana chose to tolerate Prince Charles' never ending, love affair with Camilla. But what about Prince Charles? He had a choice: he could have shown courage by standing up to his parents by saying: "NO! I will not marry Diana because I am in love with Camilla!" But he did not! What does that say about him?

She could have ended the relationship at any time if she was so miserable but she didn't then it seems to me that she willingly put up with all the non-sense, her CHOICE.

In life we are all faced with choices: some are very straightforward and others can be extremely complicated. I suspect that Diana chose to stay in the marriage for the following reasons:

1) Naively, she had hoped Prince Charles would grow to love her and eventually stop seeing Camilla.
    2) She did not want to subject her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, to a messy and public divorce.
    3) Deep down inside, she feared that the royal family may gain full custody of her children.

It takes a lot of courage for anyone to tolerate a spouse's affair for the sake of the children. I believe that she preferred to have her children with her rather than stand the risk of losing them forever, to the royal family.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 29th May, 2007 - 9:17pm

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Sponsored Links:
    7th Jun, 2007 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

Geenie, I agree with parts of what you are saying but not the implication that Diana was in any way innocent or naive. Charles and Camilla have a long history, she knew this before marrying and always had the choice to leave if she was unhappy.

Geenie said, All my posts emphasize that Diana was very unhappy in her marriage because Prince Charles loved his mistress and not her. I am not saying that two wrongs make a right but I am trying to shed light on what led to Diana's affairs. Diana chose to tolerate Prince Charles' never ending, love affair with Camilla. But what about Prince Charles? He had a choice: he could have shown courage by standing up to his parents by saying: "NO! I will not marry Diana because I am in love with Camilla!" But he did not! What does that say about him?

This whole fiasco doesn't say much about either person to be quite frank. They both cheated, it was made public they both cheated, and they both tolerated it. There is no difference between what Charles did to what Diana did. If she only pursued an extra-marital affair to get back at Charles then she is childish and deserved what she got (not death of course). What is worse - conducting adultry because you love someone else or doing it for revenge?

I do not agree with two of your three reasons for Di not divorcing. Yes, she may have considered the welfare of her children following a messy divorce, as any parent should. However, I don't believe she ever thought he would love her, what sort of person is that stupid? The custody thing also doesn't hold any weight as her children are always going to be her's - this isn't the Middle Ages where children are born into royal families purely to continue the bloodline. Diana could have divorced but I suspect she held off for as long as she did because she knew that while she was a royal she had a lot of prestige, wealth and was loved by the English people. With all the media scrutiny a divorce would have sounded like a massive relief, you would need to have pretty good reasons to stick out the royal circus.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

8th Jun, 2007 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker History & Civil Business Politics

What is worse - conducting adultry because you love someone else or doing it for revenge?

On a moral perspective, both are equally wrong!

I do not agree with two of your three reasons for Di not divorcing. Yes, she may have considered the welfare of her children following a messy divorce, as any parent should. However, I don't believe she ever thought he would love her, what sort of person is that stupid? The custody thing also doesn't hold any weight as her children are always going to be her's - this isn't the Middle Ages where children are born into royal families purely to continue the bloodline. Diana could have divorced but I suspect she held off for as long as she did because she knew that while she was a royal she had a lot of prestige, wealth and was loved by the English people. With all the media scrutiny a divorce would have sounded like a massive relief, you would need to have pretty good reasons to stick out the royal circus.

I believe that I mentioned in one of my posts that some women chose to remain in a dysfunctional marriage for various reasons. I still think that Diana had hoped that Charles would eventually grow to love her. You have expressed that you refuse to believe anyone could be that stupid. Well she did marry him knowing about Camilla and that was not very smart right? Hence the reason why I continue to think that Diana is indeed very naive! Her situation is not an isolated incident. You would be surprised to hear how many women choose to still marry their partners, even though they are fully aware of their infidelity! Most of these women cling on to the hope that their mate will eventually change. And this is the biggest mistake that women make all the time, believing that marriage would be the magic potion to cure infidelity!

I do not understand why you keep saying that she enjoyed the wealth and prestige of being a royal. Diana was an aristocrat before she married Prince Charles. To belong to a family of aristocracy, there is a great deal of wealth, prestige and influence involved! So why would she need wealth and prestige from Prince Charles, if she already had it?

In most countries, the mother is awarded custody of the children over the father. However, in some cases, the father may be granted sole custody of the children if there is adequate proof that the mother is not fit to raise the children.

Rather off topic, but...
    For example, John Mc Enroe, I believe, was awarded full custody of his kids over Tatum O'Neal. The reason for this was, Tatum O'Neal was declared an unfit mother because of her drug addiction.

As you may remember, Diana had problems with anorexia, depression and there were rumours about a suicide attempt. Perhaps Diana was scared that the royal family would use this against her, to gain full custody of her children. After all, they never showed one ounce of sympathy towards her, when Prince Charles continued his affair with Camilla.

Rather off topic, but...
    As a matter of fact, I strongly believe that Prince Charles' mother could have intervened, (concerning Prince Charles' affair) if she wanted to! Prince Charles' mother only intervened during the estrangement between her son and Diana. She wanted to avoid more negative publicity and not to mention, to finally get rid of Diana!

You indicated that if Diana had a divorce it would provide a "massive relief" from the media scrutiny. Well Diana was divorced from Prince Charles but did she fall off the media radar? No! They were obsessed with Diana's life more than ever.

Rather off topic, but...
    The latest news concerning Diana is the controversial release of a documentary, which Prince William and Prince Harry described as a "gross disrespect" to the memory of their mother.

I don't think that there is anyone in this world who is more popular than Diana, dead or alive!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 4 Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

Princess Diana Memorial

With the 10-year anniversary of Princess Diana's death approaching, Prince Charles' new wife, Camilla, is under heavy scrutiny by the British public. Should she be allowed to attend the memorial to "the people's princess"?
    Ref. ABC Nightline

28th Aug, 2007 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Parker Camilla Lover Marry Charles Prince

I sincerely hope that Prince Charles has a conscience that dictates how morally wrong it would be, to bring his new wife (and former mistress when he was married to Diana) to "The People's Princess" memorial. I am hoping that he would show some respect for the dead or if not, at least for his two sons!

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker
    A Friend

Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

I for one am always happy when two people having sex outside marriage decide to get married and respect the act for what it is, something to be treated as sacred and holy and not something causal like a kiss on the cheek.

Nonetheless, Charles has soiled the crown. If I were his Mom, I'd see about passing the crown directly to one of my grandsons, who was hopefully raised to have, and keep, better morals.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    12th Oct, 2007 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker - Page 4

Heck let the guy do what he wants with his life without everyone telling him what to do.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2008 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Prince Charles Marry Lover Camilla Parker Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Royal couple move into Welsh home

Prince Charles and his wife Camilla stay for their first time at their Welsh country retreat during their summer tour of Wales.
    Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/s...est/7467445.stm

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Prince Charles To Marry Lover Camilla Parker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,