9/11 & Nazis

9/11 Nazis - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Feb, 2005 - 1:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
"I'm not backing up an inch."
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2005 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

9/11 & Nazis

PROFESSOR STICKS WITH COMPARISON OF NAZIS, 9/11 VICTIMS

A University of Colorado professor who likened September 11 victims to Nazis
got a standing ovation when he told a campus audience of more than 1,000
people that "I'm not backing up an inch."
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/02/09/co...f.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2005 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

9/11 & Nazis
A Friend

Nazis and

I've read the article and I did not understand what was his so controversial about his opinions. The article was focus on the restrictions the system rise for the professor but what is of more interesting to me is why?

10th Feb, 2005 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

9/11 & Nazis History & Civil Business Politics

While driving from Detroit to Indianapolis yesterday, I was able to listen to a lot of radio. Several different radio shows played multiple pieces from Mr. Churchill's address from a few days ago, as well as from some of his previous comments.

1. He is completely anti-American. Not in the form of being critical of the administration, or of the military, or any other "mild" form of anti-Americanism. No, he is openly, overwhelmingly hateful about ALL aspects of American life.

2. He publicly claimed that not only did the US deserve 9/11, but that the people killed in the WTC were all "little Eichmanns". In other words, US society is not any different than Nazi Germany.

3. He has publicly called for more terrorist attacks along the lines of 9/11, preferably much worse.

4. He does all this on the governmental payroll. He earns $90,000 as a professor at a university in Colorado, and makes these statement in class and in university supported activities.

5. He has no PhD. He got his job as a professor and director of Ethnic Studies based on a claim that he is 3/16 American Indian. The organization AIM (American Indian Movement) kicked him out of their organization, and claimed (publicly) that he is a complete fraud. This was long before any of this happened. So, if this is the case, then he got his job based on falsehood. He, of course, disputes this. I don't know and don't care.

6. In his address reported in the CNN article, he did retract some of his hatred. He claimed that the children, food servers, and emergency responders who were killed in the WTC attack weren't included in his remarks about the "little Eichmanns". It was only the "technocrats" who worked in all the offices in the WTC.

So, who were the people he likens to Adolph Eichmann? They were stock brokers, insurance brokers, secretaries, analysts, all sorts of white-collar workers. So what he was saying is that the system that has provided more prosperity to the entire world, and increased the standard of living for more people than anyone else in all of history, is the same as Nazi Germany, which was the first of a line of horrendous mass murderers of the 20th Century.

That is why the fuss. He did all this on the public dime. Without the pay check provided from the college, he would be forced to actually work. Nobody is claiming that he has no right to say what he wants. They just don't want him doing it in the classroom or in the pay of the taxpayers. If he wants to do it all on his own time, and keep all of it out of the classroom, then he is welcome to do so.

Of course, the real problem is that he will claim his "freedom of speach" is being restricted because there are a whole lot of us who will laugh at his claims, rebut his arguments, and ridicule his "credentials". The man is an absolute kook.

I think he will be fired. If there is some private school or organization that wants to hire him and provide a forum for him to spread his hate speach and loony ideas, more power to him. Of course, any such organization will receive all the ridicule and rebuttal that they would deserve for such an action.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

10th Feb, 2005 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Nazis and

My view is a bit different than Nighthawk's, but also different from Maicman's. I do understand what the fuss is about. For him to compare victims to Nazis is outrageous. This is suggesting, in my opinion, that they were not innocent victims at all, but, rather, deserved what happened to them. To me, that is why the fuss. However, I don't think he should be fired.

I think he is free to write whatever essay he wants. Also, he should be held to whatever standard other tenured professors are held at that University. I think there is a real problem with the entire tenure process for professors, but I also don't think you can change the rules just for one person. If tenure is a problem change how it works. However, you can't say we will change what tenure means for you because we don't like your views. Perhaps that should have been considered before he was tenured in the first place.

I find it interesting that even Bill O'Reilly, a conservative news man, believes he should not be fired even though he disagrees with his views.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

10th Feb, 2005 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Nazis and

Well, as I wrote earlier, I think he should be fired for two reasons:

1. He misrepresented his credentials, making claims that weren't true in order to get the job and the tenure.

2. He blatantly teaches this sort of hatred in the classroom. If it was anti-Muslim, he would already have been fired for the hate speach. However, since it is anti-American, he seems to be able to do it at will, with the assurance that lots of people are going to defend him and fight for his job.

As I said, he is a complete parasite and hypocrite. He claims that US society is the most evil and horrible in the world, that the government is all corrupt and compares all of it to Nazi Germany, yet he continues to live and prosper BECAUSE of US society and government.

usmap.gif

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 10th Feb, 2005 - 8:18pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

11th Feb, 2005 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

9/11 & Nazis

Nighthawk, I can and do agree with your reasons for suggesting he be fired. I just can't agree that he should be fired for writing his essay, which is all I here about when it is suggested that he be fired.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Feb, 2005 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

9/11 & Nazis

I read the article but I do not have access to his essay. Maybe if anyone has it can out a link on this thread, but let me give an opinion based on what you all are stating. Even though I am not an American I do think he was very wrong in the comments he has made. As Tena pointed out he was so OUT of place in comparing the victims of 9/11 to nazis and I do not believe when he says he was not refering to children and firefighters on that essay. Victims are victims, he cannot change the story now. Even though, he as an American, may not be in agreement with lots of things the US government do, it does not give him the right to make statements that can be very harmful to innocent people. I think he knows better than that. I do not know if he has a personal and secret agenda but what I do know is that I think he will be fired and even though the US is a great advocate for liberty of expression, I think in this case, he was using and abusing that liberty.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Feb, 2005 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

9/11 & Nazis Politics Business Civil & History

BTW, I heard on the Michael Savage show a bit ago the quote from a student of his who was in his class on the day of the Oklahoma City bombing. He celebrated it. She (the student) complained to the administration of the school. She ended up failing his class.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: 9/11 & Nazis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,