Cheer Leader

Cheer Leader - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Sep, 2005 - 8:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Is it important to your game?
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader

This thread covers various aspects of cheer leading - an important part of most Sporting events. Consider the following:

1. Should Cheer Leading be taking as seriously as other sporting events?
2. Should there be more or an all male Cheer Leading squad?
3. If there were no Cheer Leading during intermission would you be disappointed?
4. Do the Cheer Leaders influence the amount of backing you will give a team?
5. Do you find yourself paying more attention to the Cheer Leaders than the game?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader
A Friend

Leader Cheer

I don't know if cheerleading is important to sports, but it does make them more fun. I think some of the cheers are hard to do too so they deserve some credit. In the 30's and 40's there used to be male cheerleaders but not much any more I don't think.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2005 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader
A Friend

Cheer Leader Sports & Fashion Music Movies

1. Anyone who has seen a cheerleading competition realizes that there is allot of athletisism involved in it. Much more than at intermission. So it should definently be taken seriously.
2. No
3. Yes, its the only reason to watch intermission for me.
4. No. I either back a team or no. But cheerleaders can rally a crowd that is not as enthusiastic because of losing the game.
5. When the cheerleaders are in front of my seats, they are all I see. I am a typical male in that aspect, but its true.

11th Mar, 2005 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Leader Cheer

There are cheerleading competitions and from what I have seen, there is a lot of athleticism and coordination involved. Cheerleading is not as trivial as it used to be where you had a pretty girl swinging pom-poms trying to get the crowd fired up. It is definitely a sport now, and should be taken very seriously.

Now lets not get carried away. Cheerleaders are still there for the visual stimulation, and with the proportion of males vs females at sporting events, there still needs to be a female majority of cheerleaders.

3. If there were no Cheer Leading during intermission would you be disappointed?
No, I wouldn't. Intermission is time to go to the bathroom, refill on food and drink and talk to your buddies about the game so far. Absence of cheerleaders during intermission would not bother me.

To some extent, yes. When your team is on the ropes and the crowd is bummed out, cheerleaders can get you back in the game, rooting for your team.

5. Do you find yourself paying more attention to the Cheer Leaders than the game?
Only when the game is really slow or very lopsided, then my attention will stray. Yes, I am a guy, so my attention is diverted to the eye-candy on the sidelines (sorry ladies, don't mean to offend wink.gif)

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2005 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Leader Cheer

San Jose State Suspends Sexy Dance Team

The confrontation, captured on videotape by a parent, erupted after a dance during a March 5 home game to the raunchy lyrics of "Move Somethin'" by LL Cool J.

"It was vulgar," said Ray Silva, 74, a San Jose businessman and major university booster. "It was like a burlesque, with bumps and grinds. I just came unglued."

Silva said he shouted at the dancers: "Trash, that's trash. Get off the court." Dancer Tarah DiNardo confronted Silva at the end of the game, gesturing emphatically as the two shouted at one another. John Glass, an associate athletic director, stepped between them and grabbed DiNardo's arm, apparently bruising it. The dancer filed a complaint with police, but authorities declined to prosecute. Her angry father has hired an attorney.
Ref. ABCNews.com - APress

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader
A Friend

Cheer Leader

I don't think so, Cheer Leading is just to cheer on players in a game.

I say if males want to be cheer leaders they should just join the squad.

No, I wouldn't really be disappointed.

No, not really, I just back the team I like most, when I'm watching a game, I barely even notice the Cheer Leaders

No, never.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Sep, 2005 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader

I think cheerleaders are not only good for keeping you entertained in intermissions, but they also contribute to the team. Confidence is really important in sports, and if the cheerleasers raise the confidence of a team, it can influence the score of the team.

9th Sep, 2005 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Cheer Leader Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Cheerleading not only by the "professional" cheerleaders but also by the fans is a very important to the game. Whether it is the organist at a hockey or baseball game or cute girls in scant shorts, the purpose is to get fans excited and boos the team's performance. It is clear as noted several teams or people, Washington Nationals or Conner's performance at the US Open for example, that the performance is effected by the crowd. Competitions are great for enhancing the skills and giving bragging rites, but true indication of success is how well they get the fans involved.
Wyldehorse

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cheer Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,