Arvhic Introduction - Page 2 of 11

Arvhic, I hope you can still checking the - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 8th Jul, 2005 - 4:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »
Australian living in the UK / Political Discussion / Member of the Year 2006
Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Arvhic Introduction - Page 2

arvhic, what kind of job are you doing now?. I was reading some of your posts and you seem to have a very strong opinion in the war in Iraq wink.gif.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2005 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Arvhic Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Arvhic

Welcome to the forum. This is a really cool place. Hope to see you around.

Post Date: 20th May, 2005 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Arvhic Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Arvhic you have proven that you can handle mature discussion and thus have been given Mature status by the Architect. You can now view some of the hidden Boards.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2005 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Introduction Arvhic

Arvhic your last 'joke' post was deleted. You can add jokes or sarcasm in constructive Boards. There is a Jokes Board to facilitate that.

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2005 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 226

Introduction Arvhic

Just wanted to let you know that I have deleted your post on the Pro-american Sentiments topic. It was off-topic.

I am very curious about why you are so dead set against anything that the US government does, and why you hate the United States.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Corrected URL tag not closed.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 9:08am / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 824
Flag Posts: 856
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 51

Arvhic Introduction

Hi Nighthawk,

I am not against the US. I just don't agree with a lot of the things your government is doing right now. And in saying that I also don't agree with a lot of the things my government is doing.

I have studied Middle Eastern politics and many of the current conflicts extensively. I also shape my opinion by speaking with journalists who have reported over there.

My opinions are not anti-American. But because most of the people who debate politics tend to be American, or want to discuss the US Government's position, then I will cast my opinion on that subject. Speaking out against the US government is not being anti-American. I'm sure not everybody over there even supports the government.

Offtopic but,
I am against what the US government is doing because:

a) I don't believe in a "might is right" doctrine.

cool.gif The Bush administration (and Clinton beforehand) is blatantly lyng to the public about its intentions for Iraq. It lied about going to Iraq, this invasion was planned years ago by the neo-cons.

c) You're government is dividing the world and escalating terorrism. It's no coincicdence that some of the prominent nations who supported the coalition are being targeted for massive attacks. You can not end terrorism by murdering terrorists. I know they are the lowest scum on this planet, but they are willing to die for their cause. By going around killing innocent civillians to get to them it only results in more being recruited. The US government knows what issues need to be solved to make etremist groups irrelevant to the wider muslim population, but they obediently refuse to go there.

d) The US has left Afghanistan to the warlords after promising much more.

I think a lot of people are against the US government because of its attitude. People get the perception that the US is a big bully who will go around waring with nations when and if it pleases. This is a huge dislocation from the role the US has played in the past.

It's not about being anti-American. I think there are far worse governments like Zimbabwe for instance. Just because Mugabe is a tyrant doesn't mean I am anti-Zimbabwean.

Anyway mate, I am probably not going to be able to contribute as much in the future, I'm moving to a new home which won't have a computer. But I would say to you keep up the good healthy debate. I might not agree with some of the things you say but I respect the amount of research and passion you invest in your debates.

Message Edited!
Persephone: please use offtopic tags for sections of your message that are not related to your introduction or best suited for other Boards.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 11th Mar, 2005 - 2:45pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Arvhic Introduction - Page 2

Anyway mate, I am probably not going to be able to contribute as much in the future, I'm moving to a new home which won't have a computer.

Ah, just when I was starting to enjoy the little debates between you and Nighthawk. In any case do check in once in awhile after all I am sure there will still be internet cafes around unless you are moving to somewhere really remote.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Arvhic Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Arvhic, I hope you can still checking the forum from an internet cafe, it would be really sad to lose you as a member. I wish you all the best and do not get lost!
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Arvhic Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,