Are Women Smarter Than Men?

Are Women Smarter Men - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 19th Mar, 2005 - 12:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
Do women excel faster and with higher grades than men?
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Humans often like to compare superiority over another. Do you feel women excel faster and with higher grades than men? You may be interested in statistics, but what do you think about it from a personal level having been in school / class yourself?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Men Smarter Women Are

Neither are smarter or better or etc. There is no scientifc evidence proving either, and the statistics which some people quote are based on a tiny tiny amount of the male/female humans on this earth.

17th Mar, 2005 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Than Men? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

If it weren't for the fact that we are not allowed one word posts, I would simply say "YES!" women are smarter than men. laugh.gif

Seriously, though, we would have to define smart. From a pure level of intelligence, it is doubtful. However, fewer females have learning disabilities than do males. Also, I believe the average woman is more in tune with her surroundings and how she and her environment affect others. That can make her appear more intelligent. I think women tend to be deeper thinkers than men. So, maybe they are more intellectual, but not necessarily more intelligent.

17th Mar, 2005 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Men Smarter Women Are

So, maybe they are more intellectual, but not necessarily more intelligent.

I think this is a very important point. I think generally women succeed more than men academically but it does not necessarily mean they are smarter. I think gender is not a factor to determine whether a person is smart or not. Yet, the question here is if women are "smarter" than men and I see a difference between the word smart and intellifent. Based on my observation I have seen that women are more academically oriented and have great potential to become successful yet most of the women I personally interact with, lack a very important aspect to determine whether a person is smart or not: Common Sense. Because you see, to have common sense is not something you learn from books.

18th Mar, 2005 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Men Smarter Women Are

I am only going to answer this based on my experiences when I was in school. Growing up, I saw more girls excel academically than boys. Even when I was in college, and there were more males than females, the females were usually at the top of the class. So, based on my experience, I would have to say it would seem women were academically superior to males.

18th Mar, 2005 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

From my own personal experience, I think the driving force behind "well-educated" is ambition. You can be smart, but not educated; and educated but not smart. A person can be smart, but not educated because he/she doesn't have enough ambition to see it through. I don't think it's a question of intelligence, necessarily, and I don't think it's gender-related.

Offtopic but,
A person can be well-educated but not smart because they don't apply the things they learn. I know a woman who earned a Masters Degree in college, but she still speaks as if she didn't graduate high school. For example, "I don't got no money," and "I seen that," and "I've did that."

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2005 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Women Smarter Men

It is obvious men are smarter than women. If not how come all top business positions and almost all top political positions are men. No matter how intelligent you are if you can't then make something happen with it you aren't too smart.

19th Mar, 2005 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Are Women Smarter Men Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

QUOTE (stunts @ 18-Mar 05, 7:51 AM)
It is obvious men are smarter than women.  If not how come all top business positions and almost all top political positions are [sic] men.  No matter how intelligent you are if you can't then make something happen with it you aren't too smart.

I must disagree with that position, Stunts. Not only do I disagree with your conclusion- I disagree with your reasoning-

The statement that "all top business positions [...] are men" is an outright falsehood- the CEO of ebay is Meg Whitman- a woman, Carleton Fiorina
is a Former President & CEO of Hewlett-Packard Company and a woman, Shelly Lazarus- Chairman & CEO of Ogilvy & Mather (Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide is one of the biggest ad agencies in the world and lists IBM, American Express, Mattel, and Ford among its clients. {information from https://www.infoplease.com/spot/womenceo1.html}) is a woman, Andrea Jung, the President & CEO of Avon Products, is a woman, Cathleen Black is the President of Hearst Magazines Division, and a woman as well- the list goes on, but I hope you get my point.

My answer though to the idea that "many" of the top business and political positions in this country (I assume you are reffering to the USA) are filled by men is this: men are more likely to have those positions as goals. The fact is, that those are "bread-winning" positions- to make money. I know I am being grossly politically incorrect (but I don't care) when I say this but, that is the common role the husband/father plays in a family- the role of "bringing home the bacon." While in many cases (not all of course) the women would prefer to either stay home with children (I know, politically incorrect again...), or be small business owners or other things- but usually things that come with less recognition (even though that is not why they choose those things). To conclude- I don't believe that your reasoning for your argument "works."

To add my two cents to the discussion- I would say that I believe that men and women, as a general rule (there are always exceptions) just have different strengths (which is a good thing) and that fact doesn't mean that one is more intelligent than the other- just different and better at different things.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Are Women Smarter Than Men?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,