Junk Food Safety - Page 4 of 7

After hundreds of cases of food safety issues - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Dec, 2007 - 11:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Best of  Junk Food Safety Are you eating a tad bit more than you think?
17th May, 2007 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety - Page 4

McDonald's owners cooperated with the investigation that led to the arrest, Zeilmann said. The store apologized, but the Irelan family said they still may sue, WFLD-TV reported.

Sue whom? McDonald's is not responsible for this incident, so will they sue a teenager who was working for minimum wage flipping burgers (and hiding paraphernalia)? Good luck, folks.

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2007 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

Yes, I liked that part too. What exactly are you going to sue for...mental anguish? The father admitted to knowing what it was so he obviously was not harmed by the incident. The kids didn't know what they were looking at and I doubt their growth intellectually or physically will be stunted by the event, so where is the suit? I can see McDonald's giving them some cash just to stop the story from continuing, but there is no law broken here by McDonald's.

If it is disturbing the Irelan's lives, stop doing interviews... Just my suggestion.

21st May, 2007 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

OTTAWA, Ill. -  An Illinois 8-year-old got more than a hamburger and french fries when she opened her Happy Meal this week.

But one of the children - an 8-year-old girl - got a lighter, pipe, and bag of marijuana in her Happy Meal, according to Ottawa Police Chief Brian Zeilmann. Her father went to the police.

"To be honest, you don't expect that," Irelan told FOX Chicago affiliate WFLD-TV.

First of all, I think Mc Donald's standards have reached an all time low. Last month someone finds a condom in a Happy meal and now marijuana, a pipe and a lighter? I believe that Mc Donald's need to screen their employees more carefully during the recruitment process. Perhaps they should introduce random drug testing too! Many measures need to be put in place to avoid these awful, serious and embarrassing incidents. What would have happened if the child did not speak out? Suppose she decided to try the lighter or experiment on her own with these "new toys?" I mean this story could have had a different ending.

McDonald's employee Brandon Scott of Ottawa was fired on the spot, then arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

McDonald's owners cooperated with the investigation that led to the arrest, Zeilmann said. The store apologized, but the Irelan family said they still may sue, WFLD-TV reported

Well at least some good came out of the incident. Personally, I think the Irelan family has a right to sue Mc Donald's for gross negligence! After all, isn't management responsible for all of their employees? These incidents are happening too frequently and the management needs to address this situation right now! Maybe this lawsuit is exactly what this fast food giant needs in order to improve its standards. There is too much emphasis placed on making money and no attention is being paid to maintaining high standards.

21st May, 2007 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Safety Food Junk

I am not sure if I agree totally with you Geenie. It is really almost impossible to predict what an employee would do and yes I think it would be appropriate to introduce different type of testings but even if they do, they won't be able to predict what one of them would do.

Even though I full understand the anger and frustration of this particular case, I find that LOTS of these people find this as the perfect excuse to become new millionaires.

22nd May, 2007 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

I am not sure if I agree totally with you Geenie. It is really almost impossible to predict what an employee would do and yes I think it would be appropriate to introduce different type of testings but even if they do, they won't be able to predict what one of them would do.

Yes I must admit that sometimes it would indeed be impossible to predict human behaviour. But these incidents are happening too frequently. One month ago, a condom was found in a happy meal and now a lighter, a pipe and a bag of marijuana! This is outrageous! Obviously something must be done by management. Why are all these incidents happening mainly to Mac Donald's? I am sure that other fast food outlets are guilty of poor hygienic practices or other incidents similar to Mac Donald's but at least they do not make the headlines as frequently as Mac Donald's! As I mentioned previously, management needs to screen employees more carefully and perhaps, they should implement job training programmes and of course, insist on maintaining high standards when dealing with customers. Maybe Mac Donald's should seriously consider hiring more supervisors or other senior staff members who are specially trained and very experienced in providing excellent customer service. These senior staff members should also be instructed to monitor and closely supervise staff members to ensure that all Mac Donald's objectives are being met.

Rather off topic, but...
Whenever these fast food giants enter our shores, there is a job training session for the local staff members before they actually open their doors to the public! If you visit Long John Silver's at Movietown, the staff members are well groomed, polite and very well organized. In addition to this, they are also closely monitored by a shift supervisor. Papa John's Pizza had a branch in Independence Square, Port of Spain and a decision was made to close down this branch since certain objectives were not being met!

Even though I full understand the anger and frustration of this particular case, I find that LOTS of these people find this as the perfect excuse to become new millionaires.

Yes I do agree with you on this. And I am not denying that there is a possibility that the Irelan family are indeed capitalizing on the situation. But please remember that this was their own child that discovered the lighter, pipe and a bag of marijuana. What would have happened if the child did not speak out? The situation could have been more serious. I still agree that the Irelan's are right to sue Mac Donald's and put an end to all of nonsense. If Mac Donald's were serious about their business, then perhaps they should take a step back, reassess their situation and find ways to prevent themselves from being targeted for a lawsuit: like improving their standards, would be a good start.

11th Aug, 2007 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety

Well, Geenie's favorite junk food place is in trouble again (just kidding Geenie laugh.gif ) This man is ready to sue them because he is allergic to cheese.

A West Virginia man is suing McDonald's for $10 million after he claims he suffered an allergic reaction to a cheeseburger.

Jeromy Jackson says he clearly ordered two Quarter Pounders without cheese at a restaurant, and suffered the reaction when he bit into the burger without checking, according to the Charleston Daily Mail.

The lawsuit alleges the man "was only moments from death" by the time he reached a hospital.

"We're interested in seeing McDonald's take responsibility and change a systemic quality control problem that endangers the lives of up to 12 million Americans with allergies," said Jackson's lawyer Timothy Houston.

The lawsuit seeks damages on two counts of negligence, one count of intentional infliction of emotional distress and one count of punitive damages.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2007 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety - Page 4

Geenie's favorite junk food place is in trouble again

Very cute LDS wink.gif no offense taken.

It was only a matter of time until someone's life would be in jeopardy, due to gross negligence and poor management at Mc Donald's. I sincerely hope that this gentleman is successful with his lawsuit! The interesting part is, all these lawsuits do not seem to have any effect on this fast food giant! Perhaps a surprise health inspection should be conducted, with the results released immediately to the public!

8th Dec, 2007 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

After hundreds of cases of food safety issues with Mc Donalds, is now the turn to its competitor Burger King. A man claimed he found an unwrapped condom in his whooper.

MONTPELIER, Vermont  -  A man who says he bit into a Burger King sandwich and found an unwrapped condom inside has sued the owner of the restaurant.

Van Miguel Hartless, 24, of Fair Haven, said Friday he bought the Southwestern Whopper at a Burger King in Rutland on June 18 and made the discovery when he got home and started eating it.

"My third bite into the burger, it was just a foreign taste," he said. "It was a very sour, bitter sort of taste. It almost had a numbing sensation.

"As I went to bite down a little harder, I felt a rubber grind in between my teeth. I saw it half in my mouth, half hanging out. It was an immediate sick-to-my-stomach type of thing."

Hartless said he waited three weeks before contacting an attorney. His lawsuit, filed Nov. 16, names store owner Carrols Corp., of Syracuse, New York, and seeks damages for pain and suffering, emotional duress and medical expenses...

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Junk Food Safety

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,