Junk Food Safety - Page 2 of 7

FIRST WENDY'S DIP IN 18 YEARS For - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Feb, 2006 - 1:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Best of  Junk Food Safety Are you eating a tad bit more than you think?
Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2005 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Junk Food Safety - Page 2

POLICE: WOMAN ARRESTED IN FINGER HOAX

UPDATE: Police said Friday that a woman lied about finding a human finger in a bowl of chili last month at a Wendy's restaurant here.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/04/22/Wendys.hoax/index.html

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2005 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

It is truly disturbing what people will do these days to get their hands on money, that is not due them. This lady is a prime example of such a person. Wendy's has suffered a lot of financial troubles in the San Jose area and nationwide because of this debacle, to the point of having to let some of their employees go. Did Anna Ayala ever think that the money she is wrongfully suing for could possibly have affected the lives of hard working people who do their jobs faithfully day-in and day-out trying to make an earnest living? I think not. Rant off.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

EDITORIAL: LESSONS FROM WENDY'S

Perhaps it says something about an entertainment-crazed society that a story about a human finger allegedly found in a bowl of chili at Wendy's quickly became a joke. The obvious human tragedy (did someone in the food industry lose a finger?) was swept aside by dark chuckles over "finger food," "nail biting" and other dark, if fairly unimaginative, puns. Everyone from late-night comedians to headline writers seemed to get into the act.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...29368%2C00.html

13th May, 2005 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Safety Food Junk

Police: Wendy's chili finger identified

From CNN.com

https://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/05/13/wendys.f...r.ap/index.html

SAN JOSE, California (AP) -- Police say the finger that a woman found in a bowl of chili came from an associate of her husband's who lost the digit in an industrial accident.

"The jig is up. The puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place," Police Chief Rob Davis said.

He said authorities "positively confirmed that this subject was in fact the source of the fingertip."

The man is from Nevada and lost a part of his finger in an accident last December, Davis said. His identity was traced through a lead made to a Wendy's hot line, he said.

So it looks like even the husband has gotten in the mix here, as the finger belonged to one of his associates. I wonder if the 3 of them were going to split the lawsuit judgement if it had actually gone to trial?

15th May, 2005 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Safety Food Junk

That took a lot of very patient planning.

Crook #1 "Hey, my finger was cut off in an accident at work."

Crook #2 "Really? Bummer man. ... wait a sec! Do you still have the finger?"

Crook #1 "Yeah, why?"

Crook #2 "I think we can use it later. Put it in the freezer for me, okay? I wanna talk to my wife about this....."

11th Sep, 2005 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety

Here is the outcome of that story dealing with the finger found in Wendy's food:

Couple Plead Guilty in Wendy's Finger Case

AP - A Nevada couple pleaded guilty to charges that they planted a human finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili in a scheme to extort money from the restaurant chain.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../wendy_s_finger

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2006 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety - Page 2

COUPLE SENTENCED OVER FINGER IN CHILI

A couple who planted a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili in a scheme to extort money from the fast-food chain were sentenced Wednesday to at least nine years in prison.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2006 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Junk Food Safety Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

FIRST WENDY'S DIP IN 18 YEARS

For the first time in 18 years, annual sales at Wendy's hamburger restaurants open more than a year fell in 2005 - partly because of fallout from a woman who planted a human finger in a bowl of chili, a story that took a few weeks to discredit.
Ref. deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Junk Food Safety

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,