Mitt Romney - Page 4 of 32

Romney is a perfect case of how religion gets - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 3:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2007 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney - Page 4

Mitt Romney Says Americans Ready to Overturn Roe v. Wade Abortion Case

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney says Americans are ready to overturn the Roe v. Wade ruling that paved the way to abortion on demand and well over 48 million abortions. However, he said he doesn't think Americans are ready for a Constitutional amendment giving full legal protection to unborn children. Asked Friday at a Nevada town hall meeting if he would support a constitutional ban on abortions, Romney said, "I would love to see an America where there was no abortion, but that's not where the American people are." "What I do want to see, and where I think the American people are today, is to see a conservative jurist on the Supreme Court and to see Roe v. Wade overturned," Romney added. He also criticized the pro-abortion views ofd Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor, and said he doesn't represent most Republicans. "I believe conservatives across the nation and particularly in states where I have been able to take my message, like Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina and Michigan and Florida and Nevada, that conservatives that have heard me time and again recognize that I do speak for the Republican wing of the Republican Party," Romney said. As LifeNews.com reported in August, top Romney officials said the candidate favors a two-step process towards eliminating abortions with overturning Roe as the first step and a constitutional amendment as the second.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3375.html

Sponsored Links:
24th Oct, 2007 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

It seems like Romney does not have only issues with changing positions on different topics but also mix-up names. He confused Barack Obama with Usama Bin Laden.shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->GREENWOOD, S.C. -  In a slip of the tongue, Republican Mitt Romney accused Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama of urging terrorists to congregate in Iraq.<br /><br />In the midst of criticizing Obama and other Democrats on foreign and economic policy Tuesday, the GOP presidential hopeful said:<br /><br />
Romney apparently was referring to an audiotape aired Monday in which a speaker believed to be terrorist Osama bin Laden called for insurgents in Iraq to unite and avoid divisions. The authenticity of the tape aired on Al-Jazeera television could not be immediately confirmed.

Romney also said: "It's my personal belief that having someone like John Edwards, a senator, who goes out and communicates that there is no global war on terror - that it's just a Bush bumper sticker - I think that is a position that is not consistent with the facts...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2007 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney
A Friend

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

All I read so far in this thread are small issues compared to what really is at stake here....

The real issue is, Mitt Romney is at odds with the Lord in 2 very key issues:

1) the war

"You youth of the church! With these God-given promises and prophecies before you, do not let yourselves be stampeded into this panis of fear that is now sweeping over the country, deliberately propagated by those who wish to get us into the war on any pretext -- this fear that if we do not enter this war we face subjugation by a foreign foe. If subjugation shall come, it will come because we have reached a "fulness of iniquity", and not because we fail to take on the horrors of this war. It is rightousness, not the hates of human slaughter, of which this nation is now in need."

-- J. Reuben Clark, Jr. (Stand Fast by Our Constitution, page 183)

I believe the above was said about wwII, JRC opposed US entry in both wars. He also opposed NATO and stated that it was an "entengling alliance" and that these alliances would get the US further into war. The above statement very much applies to the Iraq war. Same issue, different time.

2) Secret Combinations

We, the people who have the Book of Mormon, have (or should have) the knowloedge of the works of darkness which Moroni prophecied would flourish among us. We have a responsibility to fight this menace, but member of the church have so far failed to do so. Either for not undersrtanding the scriptures or for the praise of the world.

"Joseph Smith said that the Book of Mormon was the "keystone of our religion" and the "most correct" book on earth. (DHC, vol. 6, p. 56.) This most correct book on earth states that the downfall of two great American civilizations came as a result of secret conspiracies whose desire was to overthrow the freedom of the people. "And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking," says Moroni, "and also the destruction of the people of Nephi."
(Ether 8:21.)

Now undoubtedly Moroni could have pointed out many factors that led to the destruction of the people, but notice how he singled out the secret combinations, just as the Church today could point out many threats to peace, prosperity, and the spread of God's work, but it has singled out the greatest threat as the godless conspiracy. There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of Mormon -it is a conspiracy fact.

Then Moroni speaks to us in this day and says,

"Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you"

(Ether 8:14.)

The Book of Mormon further warns that

"whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold they shall be destroyed. "¦"

(Ether 8:22.)"
-- Ezra Taft Benson, "Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints," Ensign, Jul 1972, 59

There's a third issue I'd like to discuss, but I'm out of time.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2007 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Romney Mitt

Romney should give a JFK-style speech, Hatch says at UVSC

OREM - Mitt Romney will win presidential primaries in Iowa and New Hampshire, but to become president, he will need to overcome negative perceptions about his faith, issue "flip-flopping" and a too-good-to-be-true persona.

So predicts Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who said he supports Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and Salt Lake Winter Olympics chief.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695231449,00.html

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2007 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney
A Friend

Romney Mitt

Romney keeps finding ways to flip flop out the wazoo. Its like he can't keep up with his own lies so he keeps tripping over them. First, it was gay marriage, now its Muslims in the cabinet, what next? I usually prefer someone who lies less to be president.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney Advisor Says Abortion Position More Consistent Than Thompson

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A leading advisor for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney gave a weekend interview in which he said the former Massachusetts governor's position on abortion is more consistent than fellow GOP contender Fred Thompson's. Jim Bopp, a top pro-life attorney, said Romney backs a human life amendment. Bopp responded to some pro-life advocates who are wondering if Romney is being inconsistent by saying he supports the amendment but also supports overturning Roe. "He wants Roe v. Wade overturned so that states will be able to protect innocent human life and when there is a sufficient consensus for a human life amendment then he wants to see a human life amendment," Bopp told CBN News correspondent David Brody. But, Bopp says the difference between the two candidates is that Romney supports an amendment eventually while Thompson has said he doesn't back one. "The difference between Thompson and Romney is that Thompson said that he opposes a human life amendment period," Bopp said.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3487.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2007 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 4

I just read that Romney plans to give a speech about his religion this week. Not sure what he tries to accomplish really. I think he is committing a mistake, those who already made their minds about voting for him based on his Faith are not going to change their opinion.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney
A Friend

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Romney is a perfect case of how religion gets in the way of whats really important. His faith is hiding him from the real issues. Mormon, Muslim, or Buddhist, I don't really care what he is. What I have a problem with is the fact that he supported gay marriage, gay rights, and a host of other liberal positions because he was in a liberal state. Now, when he needs to be more conservative, he suddenly is on their side. If his faith were not an issue, then this would be an issue and he would be at the bottom of the pile. Do we castigate Kerry for flip flopping but give Romney a pass? Someone needs to put the screws to all of these candidates and call them on their serious short comings. We need some real answers, we need a real president for once.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (32) »
> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,