Mitt Romney - Page 7 of 32

I think I put my finger on it the other night - Page 7 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Jan, 2008 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 32 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (32) »
Mitt Romney Quotes
USA Republican - Former Governor and contender for President of the USA
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney - Page 7

Mitt Romney Defends Pro-Life Stance in New Ad, Responds to Huckabee

Des Moines, IA (LifeNews.com) -- Mitt Romney is defending the sincerity of his pro-life stance on abortion in a new ad airing in front of Iowa Republican voters. He is also responding to recent attacks on his abortion position by Mike Huckabee, who has said he is more consistently pro-life than Romney because he never changed his position. Romney was pro-abortion for most of his political career and says he converted to the pro-life position as governor when he confronted the issue of embryonic stem cell research. The new ad features Romney speaking to the camera with an American flag in the background. The television commercial touches on other political topics, but Romney says that "Together we can defend life and preserve the values that make America the hope of the earth." Meanwhile, the Romney campaign sent LifeNews.com a statement responding to Huckabee's comments over the weekend and in a television interview. The campaign said the statement's goal is to "correct Governor Mike Huckabee's misstatements" and "reiterating his support for our pro-life platform." "Just days before the people of Iowa begin the process of selecting the Republican nominee, I want to reiterate my commitment to our party's pro-life values," Romney said. "I am proud to be firmly pro-life. As Governor, every decision I made came down on the side of life and I will be a pro-life President," the former Massachusetts governor added. "I am proud of my record of defending life."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3565.html

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jan, 2008 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

What puzzles me about Romney is (and probably we will never know the answer). Was his position on abortion truly changed based on research or convenience? Hmmmm.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Jan, 2008 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney History & Civil Business Politics

According to the headlines of one news web site Mitt said:

QUOTE (Deseret News)
Mitt says he can beat Obama in November

Given the sway towards anything but Mitt in New Hampshire I do not see that as happening.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2008 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 7 Romney Mitt

Romney: Day in the Life

Michigan voters head to the polls tomorrow to cast their ballots for the Republican nominee. After placing second in Iowa and New Hampshire, the stakes are high for former Gov. Mitt Romney. "Nightline" talks to the embattled candidate about his hopes for Michigan, his campaign mistakes and how much of his own money he is willing to spend on this presidential bid. Cynthia McFadden reports.
Ref. ABCNews

16th Jan, 2008 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

Romney Mitt

Looks like Mitt still has some punch:

Abc News Projects Gov. Mitt Romney Will Win Michigan Republican Primary, Mccain Second, Huckabee Third, Based On Exit Poll Data And Analysis Of Vote So Far

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

16th Jan, 2008 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney

Romney has actually done better than I had expected in all the primaries. He has all the superficial qualities that we like in a President: looks good on TV and can speak intelligently. He needs to continue to persuade the electorate that his religious beliefs are not a issue. I would not make that a total focus, but address it head on has he has and come across honestly doing it. Some examples of how he votes for his constituencies beliefs over that of the Church would be good to through out from time to time. Also, he really needs to explain why he is running for the job and not how he is just different from the other guy. Obama has done a good job of taking some of the focus off the fact he only has one term as Senator and that this is more of a calling for him. Romney cannot do exactly what Obama has done, but he needs to bring his personal reason for wanting the job and get that message out in a very honest and believable manner. Much of the time when I see him on TV, he is a bit stiff. He needs to loosen up a bit, but stay on guard as he does it. The changing of stances on some key issues is something that will keep coming back into the spotlight if he does well. He just needs to be VERY consistent on how he answers these charges. It is ok to change your mind...you just cannot change it again or you DO look like a person that flip-flops on opinions.

He has just as good a chance as Huckabee or McCain to get the nomination.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jan, 2008 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney - Page 7

Whats the big deal with the guy's religion anyway, is it some sort of cult or something?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

17th Jan, 2008 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney Politics Business Civil & History - Page 7

I think I put my finger on it the other night watching a interview with Romney. He really needs to seem more like normal person. He sometimes comes across so stiff that it feels like he is a elitist. I look at some 2 term presidents from the recent past and Bill had a awwww schucks good old boy thing going, Regan was like a caring father and GWB was (actually I have trouble understanding why he was elected 2 times since not many like him in general...guess it was just a testement to how lovable Gore and Kerry were). Anyway, he needs to seem a bit closer to one of us and I guess less like a guy that has 20 million in personal money to spend on a presidential campaign he might not win. (bit harsh, but that was what was going through my mind watching him on TV last night)

Rather off topic, but...
Clara...if you didn't have a Renee Witherspoon look-a-like picture for a avatar, I would swear you were Mike Huckabee or one of his staff! No Mormonism is not a cult and also does not believe that Jesus and the Devil were brothers (Huckabee let this question slip out at a recent interview).

Having said that, there has been no Mormon president to date in the US, so this would be a first. Liken it to electing Kennedy. A major concern with electing JFK was that he was Catholic. Many think that if you elect a person whos religion has a identifiable leader, they will run your country by default. Basically, many Americans thought the Pope would be running the country if we elected JFK. There is a similar situation with Romney, in addition, many people do not believe in the Mormon religion. While these seem to be pretty insurmountable, the US is a very different place now and I dont think people focus as much on this as they did in the past, but he does have to address it and not sweep it under the table.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,