Salman Rushdie - Page 4 of 5

Salman Rushdie dismisses latest threats Salman - Page 4 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 19th Sep, 2012 - 7:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Salman Rushdie The Satanic Verses book he wrote is a reason for Iran to order his death? What is your view? Is this justified under Islam? What does the rest of the world think?
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2007 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Salman Rushdie
A Friend

Salman Rushdie - Page 4

If you were to read the characters and stories in Rushdies Satanic Verses it is unmistakeable who he has based it on. Lets review a few of his blasphemous ideas.

1. Episode of Satanic verses
2. Called the wives of the Prophet Prostitutes (May God remove His Mercy from him this really boils my blood).
3. A companion altering the Quran and doubting the authenticity if Mohammad (this is a clear allusion to Umar ibn al-Khattab and the verses of Rajm).

Sami ul-Haq is stupid, crazy, extremist etc etc. I dont have to defend him.

I dont think a non-muslim will ever understand why we get so worked up about Danish cartoons and blasphemous novels by an apostate. It is even harder to explain how Rushdies Novel warranted death. But I will try and clarify a few things from our point of view.

This law has been in existence since the old testament so if you are a Jew or even a Christian believing in the old testament then you will have to admit that at least in one point in time it was valid. Therefore to call it "barbaric" is calling the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses etc etc barbaric. It is also debateable whether Jesus actually abrogated this law.

We muslims (and I do not exaggurate) hold the Prophet even above our own parents, families and loved ones. The best way for me to demonstrate this is a little observation I made as a child. When my Grandfather died I never saw my father cry. I never saw him cry when my Grandmother died or any other relatives. However every 10th of Muharram he will cry like a baby when mourning the martyrdom of the Prophets grandson. We can forgive and forget insults against our own blood and loved ones. But insults to our Prophet is going too far. People insult and mock the Imam Khomeini all the time, however we see no death warrant for such people. It is only when you insult our Prophet have you crossed the line.

If one believes in capital punishment (assuming) then for what crimes does one deserve to die? Killing, Raping, Theft etc etc are lesser crimes than the crime of insulting God or His Messenger. Our very existence according to the Quran has the sole purpose of worshipping God and therefore apostacy and blasphemy is a very very grievious crime.

A sidenote is that the death penalty is only awarded to those who act out of deliberacy in full view of the consequences. In islamic law if one was unaware of the penalty or was ignorant then they are pardoned. Therefore we see no death penalty for the Danish Cartoon publishers since it is doubtful they knew what they were causing. Hence I do not agree with the killings of the translators if they werent aware of the Fatwa before they translated. However if they were aware of the Fatwa and still went ahead then that is a different matter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2007 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rushdie Salman

RUSHDIE SPLITS FROM TV HOST WIFE

British author Salman Rushdie and his wife Padma Lakshmi, host of TV show "Top Chef," are getting divorced, his spokeswoman has said, just two weeks after he was awarded a controversial knighthood.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07/02...reut/index.html

9th Jul, 2007 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Salman Rushdie Islam Studies

Interesting turn of events. I wonder if his recent vestige made him decide to go for a book II and she just did not want to live with that? Or is it merely coincidence?

9th Jul, 2007 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Rushdie Salman

I think is pure coincidence, although both went through a lot of pressure since she is not only much younger than him but she is also a model. So Rusdhie had to read news headlines such as "The Beauty and the Beast" between others.

Post Date: 12th May, 2008 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Rushdie Salman

Rushdie tipped for Booker treble

Novelist Salman Rushdie is favourite to win the Booker of Booker prizes to add to his two existing awards.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7395487.stm

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2008 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Salman Rushdie

Author Rushdie wins Joyce award

Author Sir Salman Rushdie receives an award in memory of writer James Joyce from University College Dublin.
Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2009 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Salman Rushdie - Page 4

Anniversary of Rushdie book fatwa

It is 20 years since Muslims were called on to kill Salman Rushdie over his book The Satanic Verses. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2012 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

Salman Rushdie Studies Islam - Page 4

Salman Rushdie dismisses latest threats

Salman Rushdie is dismissing the latest threat against his life as just talk."This was essentially one priest in Iran looking for a headline," the author of The Satanic Verses said today as he spoke at a Barnes & Noble in New...
Source: nzherald.co.nz - Islam

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Salman Rushdie

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,