Pity Me Please

Pity Please - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Apr, 2005 - 3:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2005 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Pity Me Please

Do you think the law is more merciful or just in your country? Consider the following:

* Would a police officer likely give you a ticket still after you shared with him a sad story about why you were speeding?

* Do harsh crimes like murder and rape get light or massive sentences?

* Do convicted criminals get many appeals or are they sent to jail never to be heard from again?

In addition to above you may wish to state and present observations as to wether any law system should be more just or merciful or equal. You may also wish to consider if it is possible to be both merciful and just.

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2005 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Please Pity

Would a police officer likely give you a ticket still after you shared with him a sad story about why you were speeding?

Many do! Many don't...so I supposed it depends on the police officer.

Do harsh crimes like murder and rape get light or massive sentences?

I am not sure how it is in Argentina but I think for murder is 15 years and up (it depends on the type of murder). In my opinion, it is a light sentence. It should be much more than.

Do convicted criminals get many appeals or are they sent to jail never to be heard from again?

The justice system over there is so slow that even if the criminals get appeals it will take a LONG time before something could be done about it.

I can think of very few situations where the law could be merciful and just: for instance, a child kills his/her parents because of years and years of sexual and physical abuse, a woman is raped and defend herself by killing the agressor, an abused individual defends himself/herself from the abuser and I suppose there are other few situations where I think circumstances and special considerations should be made.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Pity Me Please

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,