Small Children See Ghosts?

Small Children Ghosts - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 10th Jan, 2006 - 4:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »
I see dead people...
Small Children See Ghosts? Related Information to Small Children See Ghosts?
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2005 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have a 3 1/2 year old ... he has not seen movies or shows portraying ghosts , but yet he swears there's one in the house and goes to great detail explaining it. His descriptions aren't something that sounds made up - he says he feels it come and go before he sees it , and on occasion I myself feel something odd in the area before he says anything. How common is this? Do children have sight or sense we have by societal means been reprogrammed as adults to ignore? I'm not worried , I'm actually curious. Ideas?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2005 - 8:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ghosts Children Small

Fascinating situation. My oldest son used to play with unseen figures when he was a baby. I'm talking maybe under two and definentely under one. My second son didn't, but my daughter does. It looks like there is someone or something that is near the ceiling or in a place where there is nothing but white wall that is entertaining my child. She laughs and plays peeka boo, and even tries to touch what is not there. I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe that if there are spirits or angels, that children are definentely more in tune with this plane of existence. In my opinion, in is not unrealistic to believe that your child is seeing something that you cannot. Children are innocent, and are devoid of societies teachings of things that are and aren't acceptable to see, thing, and believe. I personally believe that your child is seeing something, what I cannot tell you.

15th Apr, 2005 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Children see ghosted due to their untapped abilities of their inner psyche. Some children do not see them because they don't receive that extra umph that some people get for psychic abilities. I believe the term is psychic awareness or spiritual awareness. Most adults don't have these abilities due to lack of use of their brain. I'm not saying most people don't use their brain, but in today's society mot people rely on computers or machines to do the work for them and leave us lacking in the temporal lobe department.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2005 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ghosts Children Small

The difference between a childs brain and a grown up's brain is that the grown up's brain is better developed than the childs. I personally do not believe that children can see what grown ups can't. (notice here that I do not say that I don't believe in ghosts) What I do believe is that children have great imaginations and this coupled with a less developed brain can cause a child to be more likely to believe they saw something or even felt something.
-Unferth

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2005 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ghosts Children Small

All in all , I do wish sometimes I could see through his eyes - if even just for a moment. As for the underdeveloped brain of small children , this is true. Consider this , though; most small ones (3-7yrs.old) have better memory, as well as a greater eye for detail. They notice everything , question it, and learn from it. We as adults have a tendency to not notice or take for granted what doesn't seem unusual. We as a collective group tend to dismiss things we sense or that surround us that we don't recognize. Take a lizard for example- we see one , child asks ,"what was that?" we say- "a lizard". Now- child sees lizard & we ask "what was that?" child is likely to say "it was green with red on its tummy and blue toes.It ~looked~ like a lizard". Now here's the kicker. Did we notice the toes?What color were its eyes? Don't know, do we - why, we didn't think to look, as it wasn't important.To a child , it's all important and new. Why do you think they love to ask questions? When , as adults did we stop and why? It's basic truth that no one person knows everything , so honestly, I think that the unbridled ability to ask what they don't know about makes them in a way , smarter than us. "The only stupid question remains to be the one not asked". What do you think? kid.gif

25th Dec, 2005 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

When we first moved back to the US from England, we were staying in a friend's house. One afternoon my oldest son who was almost four at the time said that the lady in the bathroom was really nice. When my wife and I asked him about this lady he said that her name was Sandy and she was as tall as mommy with long dark hair. I talked to my friend that night and she told me that the house was supposed to be haunted by a woman named Sandy who died in a car accident. She was about thirty with long dark hair and stood about five foot three.(My wife is five foot two.) My son saw her several times in the four months that we lived there. My other two children were younger and never said that they saw anything. A couple of years later my wife went to see a psychic on a lady's night out and the medium (who is a priest) told her that all of our children are gifted psychics and we should listen to what they are saying. I have seen some really weird things both here and abroad and can not deny the possible existence of the supernatural.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Dec, 2005 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts

Here is what I think. I think that all children are born with the ability to access more of their brain then we can now. But there is no way to train children to use those parts of their brain. Therefore they "atrophy" much like a muscle would if not used. I won't say I believe in the afterlife, but I won't say I don't. But I do believe that there is more to this reality than meets the eye. No pun intended.

10th Jan, 2006 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

QUOTE (konquererz @ 15-Apr 05, 3:10 AM)
It looks like there is someone or something that is near the ceiling or in a place where there is nothing but white wall that is entertaining my child.  She laughs and plays peeka boo, and even tries to touch what is not there. 

This is so interesting. When my daughter was very little, changing table little, she used to do the exact same thing with the ceiling over her changing table. Now, we'd change her in different parts of the room, different rooms of the house and she never did it. But, she did do it right there. That has me wondering now!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Small Children See Ghosts?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,