Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 4 of 11

Why is the veil so thin for children that - Page 4 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 3:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
I see dead people...
Small Children See Ghosts? Related Information to Small Children See Ghosts?
1st Jun, 2008 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts? - Page 4

How do you know when a child is just making up stories and when they are actually seeing ghosts? I've seen kids saying that they've seen what they call "ghosts", but those same kids also say they saw Mickey Mouse for real if you get what I'm talking about.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2008 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Ghosts Children Small

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 17-Jan 08, 12:00 PM)
Wendy

Comments: I have a 2 1/2 year son. He woke up at 2:30 am the other night screaming. He told me a man was in his room and wanted to take him. We searched the house for the man, but couldn't find evidence of the intruder.

The next morning, I questioned my son w/ open ended questions so as not to feed him info. He told me that the man sat on his bed, touched his cheek and put his finger in my sons mouth. My son then told me the man planned to take him. .

That is really unsettling. I think this is the first time I have ever really heard of a bad spirit attacking a child. It probably happens a lot but I, myself, have only heard stories like those related here, family members, imaginary friends, that type of thing.

It is really frightening that he told your son to be quiet (I assume, by putting his finger over his mouth) and touched his cheek. Which to me, seems like a token of affection. I don't know how you ended up handling it but like mentioned here earlier, I hope you prayed to God or whatever higher power you believe in and asked for protection for your son. I hope that spirit has never been back.

As the original post from Chinadragon, and again mentioned by Diane C--I have actually had a personal experience with that. My second son who is almost 14 has had a very sensitive nature when it comes to things of the spirit. I do believe there are good spirits and bad spirits from a religious standpoint. I don't know enough about Paranormal to know if they can be one in the same.

But he would stare at the ceiling and laugh and google at them when he was still nursing. I really started paying attention when one night I was getting aggravated because he would not nurse. He just kept pulling away to stare and talk to the ceiling. I said a small prayer to stay calm (I was way tired! sleep.gif' /><!--endemo--> ) and all of a sudden I felt

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2008 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Small Children See Ghosts?
A Friend

Small Children See Ghosts? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

That an infant's ties to the spiritual is closer than it is to material is a good observation. Until about 2 they are still more spiritual beings than material beings, so yes. Apparently , AlaskaLDS your son was seeing someone who was watching over his development until he'd made up his mind he was staying. I've had occasion to counsel young mothers who have had an experience with "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome" and those who have some sense of spiritual basis deal with the loss much better than do those who do not. My son's wife even went so far as to name their second child with the same first name as their first child who died of SIDS. With good reason, it was the same spirit. I knew that the first moment I held her. She "left" the first time because she did not have her father to help raise her. HE was there for her second try until she was 17 months old then they split. She hasn't seen him since and I keep telling him that he is going to have to deal with this entity someday, whether or not he wants to. His ex-wife is currently in parts unknown to us and I have no contact with my grand daughter in the material world.

Krusten, the difference between a child seeing a non-corporeal entity and their imagination is the difference between knowing you are being watched and creating, in your mind, an image and projecting it to a chair across the room. It's hard to make that distinction if you are not totally in tune with your own emotions but most of the time when a child retells of seeing something that "isn't there" and YOU get a creepy feeling, it really IS there, you just are not attuned to seeing it.

Paranormal ability is ALWAYS a matter of training. You are either trained to use it or you are trained to ignore it. We're all capable of some level of paranormal ability but what that specific talent is and how it manifests is different for almost everyone. Most of us are aware of having some amount of "intuition". This is either simply a super function of the mind, the ability to calculate all the probability factors in a given situation and come to a correct conclusion (in nanoseconds) or it could be "psychic". It is a matter of degree.

Paranormal ability is divided between "Clair" ability (Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Clairaudiance), Pre or Retrocognition, Psychometry, Telepathy and Empathy. Now "Empathy" is a normal psychological ability as well, but it is a MENTAL choice, to understand what another person is feeling. Psychic empathy is actually feeling what another person is feeling, be it emotional or physical. Empaths often end up as somewhat antisocial because they are not trained to turn it off which results in group dynamics being unbearable for them.

An interesting side note to the "training" of paranormal ability is that I have yet to meet anyone with any measurable degree of paranormal ability that did not also have some form of a brain chemistry "problem". Bi-polar, anxiety disorder, ADHD, ADD, OCD or something. I am not saying that a perfectly balanced brain chemistry person can not be psychic, I just haven't met one. Also most of the young people with whom I deal in developing their paranormal abilities have had a brush with death, either their own or a very dear and close loved one. Once the "hard wiring" of society begins to take hold it seems to need such a shock as a near death experience to break that wiring and allow these people to access the synaptic structures that allows them to use their paranormal abilities. I don't know what would have happened in my own case as my "brush with death" came at the age of 2 or 3 and I grew up in a household that "encouraged" my paranormal abilities.

2nd Jun, 2008 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Ghosts Children Small

QUOTE (ArrwynCliona @ 2-Jun 08, 12:18 PM)
Apparently , AlaskaLDS your son was seeing someone who was watching over his development until he'd made up his mind he was staying.

This is such an interesting topic to me. The only thing is I have a slightly different outlook due to my faith/religion. I won't expand on that because I am not sure that is appropriate here but I wanted to let you know why I tend to agree with the comment but perhaps not the source as you see it. I don't know enough about this to be for sure.

I have never thought of my son as needing to decide if he was staying or not. Perhaps the reason this seems odd to me is that I knew he was waiting and ready to be here. Upon further reflection, it could be...I will have to do that. I do know that you are right in the fact that someone was watching him. I have always tended to believe it is because they are so fresh from heaven and it is a whole new world. [OFFTOPIC]then again, I believe one of the reasons they can't talk right away is they could tell us all about what they just left behind? Just my thoughts)

I've had occasion to counsel young mothers who have had an experience with "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome" and those who have some sense of spiritual basis deal with the loss much better than do those who do not.
Again, I totally agree with this statement--but I believe it is because of faith in God and a belief in an afterlife. Not sure if you do?

My son's wife even went so far as to name their second child with the same first name as their first child who died of SIDS.  With good reason, it was the same spirit.  I knew that the first moment I held her.

I agree that this is possible as well. I have had 5 miscarriages and have felt at least once that the same spirit that would of inhabited that body came for the second. 25% (I think) of pregnancies end in miscarriage because of the body not developing correctly. Sometimes women don't even know they are pregnant when it happens. I was sensitive to my pregnancies--don't really know why, just was.

As a side question on that, I am fascinated by family history and research. I notice that a few generations ago naming a new child the same as one who had died previously was common. Do you think that is the same reasoning?

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2008 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ghosts Children Small

I believe one of the reasons they can't talk right away is they could tell us all about what they just left behind?

it might be interesting to discover this may be true, but the reason baby's can't talk right away is that the synaptic relays between thought and speech are not fully developed. The bawling when "threatened" is hard wired but an infant's brain activity is very slight, almost flat line in all but autonomic responses. We are born with a "clean slate" as it were and develop those synaptic pathways as we accumulate knowledge and experience.
There's enough science around to prove this.

In the field of metaphysics, however, many children DO recall what heaven is like and also past lives. It's been documented hundreds of times.

Again, I totally agree with this statement--but I believe it is because of faith in God and a belief in an afterlife. Not sure if you do?

Just as faith in an afterlife is part of my faith structure so is belief in a "before life" and God is the central core of my faith, but I probably would describe it differently than would you.

Rather off topic, but...

As a side question on that, I am fascinated by family history and research. I notice that a few generations ago naming a new child the same as one who had died previously was common. Do you think that is the same reasoning?

In Elaine's case, no. They named the child with the same first name because both Elaine and my son felt it was the same spirit. Miscarriage usually is a problem of development but I wasn't talking about that. SIDS usually happens to what appears to be perfectly healthy babies, but they simply stop breathing for some reason and die sometime between birth and 6 months. It is very rare for a postmortem diagnosis of SIDS on a child older than 6 months. If a child dies at that age it is usually something organic or misfortune. As to the old custom of naming a child for one who has died, I think that family tradition rose out of the superstition that the spirit of the deceased child would "haunt" the family if they did not give some living child an element of the one who passed. If a living child has the name of a deceased sibling, then that sibling has a constant presence in the family and the spirit can move on, without worrying about being forgotten.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Name: Drea

Comments: Today my 3 1/2 yr old grandson tells me he saw a boy (describing his height) laying down on the bed in his moms room, "he was wearing shorts with red spots on it and he wasn't watching t.v." This is the 3rd time he's made reference to seeing what we don't see. I don't even know how to react or what to say. I just listen to him. I don't like it though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 3:38am / Post ID: #

Small Children Ghosts - Page 4

Name: Dimitra

Comments: Hi guys,

My 5 year old insists that there are "shadows" that he sees around the house. He is so scared he will not go to the kitchen, bathroom or bedroom without someone standing next to him or following him. He also tends to close all doors.

He describes the "shadow" to be a male holding up a knife trying to attack him, hence the increased fear.

He was able to see my grandmother shortly after she passed away but that experience did not cause any fear.

Do you have any suggestions of how I can help him? I keep on telling him that he is protected and it is just a spirit but he seems to believe the "shadow" is there to attack him.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Small Children Ghosts Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 4

Why is the veil so thin for children that they can see ghosts? Why do Ghosts only manifest themselves to children?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Small Children See Ghosts?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,