"Newsweek Lied, People Died" - Page 3 of 3

QUOTE Once again, a great double standard. - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Jun, 2005 - 11:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
24th May, 2005 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

"Newsweek Lied, People Died" - Page 3

Blackwulf this is a discussion about allegations of the US military behaving in an obscene and highly offensive manner, and the US media's reporting of it. I fail to see how any discussion on such a matter can avoid making references to the key players. I apologise if contributing information about your government offends you, it is certainly not my intention.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jun, 2005 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Diedquot People Lied quotNewsweek

PENTAGON: U.S. SOLDIER KICKED A QURAN

The Pentagon on Friday released new details about mishandling of the Quran at
the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects, confirming that a soldier
deliberately kicked the Muslim holy book, and that an interrogator stepped on
a Quran and was later fired for "a pattern of unacceptable behavior."
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/03/guantanam...n.ap/index.html

5th Jun, 2005 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

"Newsweek Lied, People Died" History & Civil Business Politics

Oops, there it is. Proof that Newsweek was right. The US government has been promoting a sustained, deliberate pattern of "Koran abuse" in order to intimidate prisoners. Hmmm. I can't quite see this action of one man, who was disciplined for it, justifying riots and murder. But hey, who am I to question such people. After all, it gets me upset and angry to see people being beheaded, women being abused and tortured, ....
/sarcasm

Despite the consistent claims of "Koran abuse", there just doesn't seem to be much real evidence. And, where there HAS been found such individual instances, the people have been disciplined. The only people who seem to pay much attention to these reports are the ones who are already prejudiced against anything the USA does.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

7th Jun, 2005 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Diedquot People Lied quotNewsweek

Why compare one form of torture with beheading, abusing women etc (even though they are terrible generalisations).

If you are willing to look for evidence past the carefully orchestrated media releases and reports from the rulling government I am sure you will find more than one or two cases of this happening.

Regardless, what sort of idiotic meathead would desecrate on any holybook? My pet dog wouldn't even do something so moronic. Surely this is doing far more damage than good for their cause.

I admit all military machines will have bad eggs, and there is no way the US military comes even close to being the worst, but a wrap across the knuckles for some of this stuff is pathetic.

Yet again I make the point that riots in Afghanistan are not occuring because of one news report, they have been fuelled by years of occupation from international forces in that country.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

7th Jun, 2005 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

Diedquot People Lied quotNewsweek

Regardless, what sort of idiotic meathead would desecrate on any holybook?

Once again, a great double standard. I will ask you then - what kind of idiotic meathead would desecrate a Bible, every single day of the year? What sort of meathead would destroy the sacred, ancient, priceless statues of another religion. What sort of meathead would urinate on Bibles and Torahs whenever possible?

Why - Islamists would!

What sort of person would really torture his captives? (Not humiliate, or use psychological pressure, or use other means of putting pressure on the person).

Why are you so sure that the US media is "state-controlled'? In fact, the mainstream media has shown itself to be implacably hostile towards the current administration, towards the involvement in Iraq, and especially towards Guantanamo Bay.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

8th Jun, 2005 - 11:16am / Post ID: #

"Newsweek Lied, People Died"

Once again, a great double standard.

This is my point exactly! If you have such an issue with muslims doing it to the bible or other sensitive religious symbols, why is not a serious offence for chirsitans to do it to the Koran.

It doesn't matter who does it, desecration on someone's holy book, whether it be christian, muslim, hindu or whatever, is childish and totally unacceptable, I'm sure you agree with me here. I am not religious but understand how offensive that is.

Just because muslims do it, as you assert, does that mean Chrisitians should lower themselves to that level or find it acceptable?

The US is so often their own worst enemy in this strange war against "terrorists". The childish behaviour of a small minority within the military at such a sensitive time is turning this whole farce of a war into a religious war. It's driving terrorism, the exact thing it is suppose to be ending.

What sort of person would really torture his captives

Maybe you should ask Ariel Sharon or the CIA this question, they have far more experience on these matters.

Why are you so sure that the US media is "state-controlled'? In fact, the mainstream media has shown itself to be implacably hostile towards the current administration, towards the involvement in Iraq, and especially towards Guantanamo Bay.

It's not state-controlled, it's state orchestrated. Have you seen many reports lately about the US Administration that doesn't rely on information filtered from the White House or Pentagon?

As for the war coverage, it's fair to say before the war the mainstream media was nothing but a Bush propaganda machine. I did a university major on this whole subject. Had they been doing their jobs properly this illegal invasion may never have occurred. Of course they will be critical after, there is nothing "good" to report about Iraq or Guantanamo, they are both failures.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: "Newsweek Lied, People Died"

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,