How Did AIDS Start?

How Aids Start - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Oct, 2008 - 2:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
How Did HIV Start? Where did AIDS come from?
Post Date: 26th May, 2005 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

How Did AIDS Start?

How Did AIDS Start?

Humans are very much concerned about HIV AIDS, especially as their is no cure at this time. One has to wonder how it started, but here is an account from a nurse in the 1950s:

I remember clearly the first patient who came in with very odd sores. A lot of tests were done - saliva, tears, blood, etc. - but we could not identify his problem, and he died. Suddenly there was a spate of similar cases, all from Central Africa and all ending in the patient's death. The hospital asked a mission station in the Belgian Congo (As it then was) to send someone down to tell us more about their lifestyle and what they ate.

We were told that in the Congo there was an endearing little monkey, grey but with a green sheen to its coat. While other chimps and monkeys were hunted and eaten - as they still are all over Africa - these were adopted as pets and even venerated, as people believed that the green sheen had mystic powers. Despite this veneration (Or perhaps because of it), I was taken aback to learn that men copulated with them, some apparently picking up some sort of virus as a result.
Ref. Source 1

Keywords: AIDS beginning, Start of AIDS.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2005 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Start AIDS How

I do not know who it started but there was this little girl who got aids in Australia and the whole county ran her and her family out and New Zealand accepted her and tool her as their own. although she died very young but she was a NZ icon for helping everyone understand the virus a little better!

Post Date: 26th May, 2005 - 8:04am / Post ID: #

How Did AIDS Start?
A Friend

How Did AIDS Start? Health & Special Psychology

I've heard the same thing about AIDS. Some men in Africa were copulating with the monkeys. But really you can't tell how it started. I mean how could it have gotten over here so easily. AIDS is a really scary disease. I work with a lot of diseases including TB, herpes, salmonella, Mad Cow, all kinds of encephalitis, and I am scared of AIDS. Tulane University is doing AIDS research and progressing on it if I am not wrong. I hopefully will be working there by next year.

26th May, 2005 - 10:27am / Post ID: #

Start AIDS How

I have heard the virus began in Monkeys, but I have never heard the story about men copulating with them in order to become infected to begin the human infection history.

QUOTE ("StudioDollar")
I mean how could it have gotten over here so easily.

If it was first seen in the 1950's in Africa, I don't believe it actually came here all that quickly. The first I remember hearing of it in the US was early 1980's.

Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

How Did AIDS Start?
A Friend

Start AIDS How

How Did AIDS Begin?

Abstract: In a recent issue of the Lancet, researchers described the use of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to prove that a 1959 death from pneumonia was AIDS, according to the editors of Nature, who write that PCR brought this Manchester sailor's HIV infection to light by identifying nucleotide sequences from long-dead tissues. They conclude that the situation in Africa is probably an endpoint which originated in sporadic personal tragedies like the Manchester seaman's.

Clicke here for source.

Another link that verifies the same above.Click here

I believe that HIV virus evolved from the SIV (monkey AIDS virus). This is thought to be true because there is a high degree of genetic similarity between these 2 viruses, and because they are both transmitted in the same manner, and both cause the same disease. The only difference is that HIV only causes AIDS in humans, and SIV only causes AIDS in monkeys.

There is also a possibility that like the Ebola Virus HIV lurks in the jungle and an activation mechanism released it like that of deforestation. However evidence points to the the disease evolving from monkey to man. Sadly no cure is yet known.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2008 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

How Did AIDS Start?

Name: Astronut

Comments: NEO, You might want to check your sources before you post.

There is plenty of credible evidence of HIV coming from SIV. But whether it crossed over into humans by way of sexual transmission, blood contamination from hunting, an oral polio vaccine or one of many other theories is still unknown.

I'm pretty sure that a Nazi / Holocaust denying website was NOT your best chance at getting reliable information. If I remember correctly, homosexuals were in the first wave to be exterminated by the Nazis.

The article you quoted was an obvious attempt to marginalize and dehumanize a segment of the population that desperately need to be shown God's love and forgiveness. But then Nazis too are another segment that needs the same thing.

Homosexuals have been lied to and lied to and lied to. Unfortunately, the entertainment industry & pop culture embrace the falsehoods that propogate and mainstream the very lifestyles that continue to cause this tragedy.

A number of credible and even some questionable theories of how AIDS started are shown in the link below.

There is also a link showing that AIDS is NOT a pandemic in heterosexuals.

There is not a "Gay Gene". Google it, look at all sides of the issue and educate yourself. Even the Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists says this on their website:

"There are no replicated scientific studies supporting any specific biological etiology for homosexuality."

Homosexuality is an incredibly destructive lifestyle that kills more people than all wars and conflicts combined. If you are a Nazi, you are probably not only OK with that but revel in that fact.

However, if you are a compassionate person who cares about your fellow man or if you are a Christian who loves other children of God then, in the long run, it doesn't really matter how it started but rather what we do with fact that it is here killing millions and destroying the lives of countless more.

https://www.avert.org/origins.htm

https://www.aglp.org/pages/cfactsheets.html#Anchor-Gay-14210

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/he...its-842478.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Oct, 2008 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

How AIDS Start

Name: Mela

Comments: AIDS started when in Africa... somebody had sex with a green monkey who had AIDS, so then that person did not know they had AIDS and so that person had sex with a human and gave it to them and it went on and on until somebody found out they had AIDS!

29th Oct, 2008 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

How AIDS Start Psychology Special & Health

The root HIV virus is actually still unknown. The popular strains we see now are from the HIV B and D that was stemmed back in the 40's though only blood sample was from that African in 1957 or was it 59.

I am sure if we could find a sample that is not badly degraded back 100's of years ago we would find the stem of this virus. Did Hitler have fun making stronger strains of the root Virus to create this one found in the African man. Who knows many awful things were done in Africa by his regime.

I do not think we find new things in STD so much as we find the technology to isolate the causes. Given the lifestyles of ancient societies I am sure many of them existed back then. Think of the Greeks and Romans what terrible practices they had. How many died of the side effects of the disease and thus left it undetected.

I think the original strains perhaps were just harder to transmit and with the open sexuality in the 60's it let the virus spread faster. Africa rape of women is openly practiced for many reasons and is why it spread so fast there. Then the 60's brought world travel so it was bound to spread world wide quickly.

Just think if you have a population that does not move much and the virus breaks out there sooner or later the population is wiped out or they develop immunity to it. I bet the same thing applied to the first aids strains.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: How Did AIDS Start?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,