Desperation

Desperation - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st May, 2005 - 3:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th May, 2005 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Desperation

Desperation

Sometimes desperation can cause people to do things they would not normally do. Such examples are; your child is kidnapped so you immediately mortgage your home to raise the money, your boss fires you wrongfully so you start picking fights with other employees, etc.

This thread has been set up to discuss some things that you have done out of desperation and what you wish you did differently. Is there anything you do now to ensure that your actions are based on collective thoughts and not spontaneous high anxiety or nervousness?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2005 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Desperation
A Friend

Desperation

I have been laid off spontaneously twice now and I will tell you, that causes sudden and acute desperation, especially when you have kids! The first time, I went out and sold all my computer stuff, printers, games, game systems I had collected and DVD's to the pawn shop. I was so worried about money. But what I ended up finding was that we got severance pay with unemployment pay, I didn't have to worry about money for about two and a half months. Since then, I have learned to look at my finances differently. I have to sit back and remember that things tend to take care of them selves if you are diligent and don't do anything rash immediately following a major situational. If you don't sit back and take a second look, you will start panicing and doing something crazy.

31st May, 2005 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Desperation Health & Special Psychology

When I left my last husband, I was in a desparate situation and I was very careful to make sure that he didn't find me right away. How I did that was to leave the house in as normal a way as possible, (I.e., I didn't take hardly anything with me) so that he wouldn't notice immediately that anything was amiss.

As it turned out, he figured it out within a few hours, found me within a few days, and it all could have been done completely differently. In the meantime, I ended up fighting with him to get my things back, and most of those things had been violated by him in some way. I never did gain control of *all* of my stuff; there are pictures and other items of a personal nature that had no meaning for him whatsoever, but he kept from me out of spite. I should have just rented a truck and moved out with all my stuff instead of sneaking.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 31st May, 2005 - 3:47am

> TOPIC: Desperation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,