Gay Pride Day

Gay Pride Day - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Jun, 2008 - 2:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Gay Pride Day Related Information to Gay Pride Day
Post Date: 31st May, 2005 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gay Pride Day

BRAZILIAN GAY PRIDE MARCH DRAWS HUGE CROWD

Hundreds of thousands of people jammed the streets of the Brazilian city of Sao Paulo, in what may have been the largest gay pride parade in the world.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...gay-050529.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2005 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day
A Friend

Day Pride Gay

First, I have no quams about people being gay. I don't think its wrong or immoral or anything of the sort. However, gay pride day is ridiculous. There iisn'ta straight day or a bi-sexual day, or why don't we have a child lovers day. Having a day to celebrate someones different sexuality not only continues the argument that gay people are different, but it exploits someones sexuality to get attention. What purpose does gay pride day to but to gain attention for the gay community. How are people of differing sexualitys ever going to gain acceptance by flaunting the fact that they are different. The reality is that they should not flaunt differences, but express the fact they they are the same as everyone else, but they just prefer the same sex as opposed to the opposite sex. How can I teach my children acceptance and that where all the same at heart, we others continually exploit and emphasize their differences as who they are.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2007 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day
A Friend

Gay Pride Day Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I believe minorities of all types face similar problems in this respect. They want to be accepted as part of a wider society but also need to alert that society to any injustices made against them which means highlighting their difference.

The reason Gay Pride even came about was as a reaction to the hostile (at times physical) prejudice against gay people of the past. Gay people needed a voice and it was at such events they raised their concerns. Such hostility is lesser today but still exists and so I think Gay Pride still has its place.

As much as I can see your point regarding the promotion of unity over difference I think it is also important to realise that there are differences between people and part of tolerance and acceptance is seeing those differences yet still acknowledging the groups equality with you.

16th Dec, 2007 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Day Pride Gay

QUOTE (Dougiep @ 15-Dec 07, 7:36 PM)
The reason Gay Pride even came about was as a reaction to the hostile (at times physical) prejudice against gay people of the past. Gay people needed a voice and it was at such events they raised their concerns.

I have no issues whatsoever with any minority expressing their concerns over how unfair or bad they are treated because of being "different". Having said that, I do not see how someone's sexuality is something to be "proud of". Is there a need for some of these people to be half naked, baring all and engaging in sexual explicit practices in the middle of the street during this particular day?

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2007 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day
A Friend

Day Pride Gay

But how much does that actually happen and how much is spin? What sexually explicit actions take place? I can't say I've ever known any. Couples might hold hands or kiss but as far as I can tell its not like everyone starts getting down and dirty in the middle of the street. I can't speak for every parade in the world because I've only ever been to those in the UK. However, in general there is a carnival atmosphere and some people do dress up in outrageous costumes. The Pride Parade in Sydney Australia is particularly famous for this. The reason is simply to keep it fun. Yes there is a serious political message but its also a celebration of freedom and you can't celebrate without a party!

16th Dec, 2007 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day

QUOTE (Dougiep @ 16-Dec 07, 9:51 AM)
But how much does that actually happen and how much is spin? What sexually explicit actions take place?

I never attended one (for obvious reasons) but I have seen videos of people dressing way too provocative and revealing and kissing in a manner that I find absolutely unnecessary in public (and I am against this whether are homosexuals or heterosexuals). I live in the Caribbean where Carnival is extremely popular yet I cannot stand it because of how little care people give these days on their own bodies and behavior. Having said that, I still not understand why is there something to feel proud about by being gay?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2008 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day

Sydney gay pride event turns 30

Austrailia, Australia Sydney gay pride turns 30, with a prayer service and a military contingent featuring for the first time.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7272315.stm

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2008 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Gay Pride Day Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Gay pride march debuts in Delhi

Hundreds of gay rights supporters march in the Indian capital, Delhi, for the first time.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/s...sia/7480648.stm

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Gay Pride Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,