About Zero Replies
The 'Zero Replies' page shows a list of threads that have been started, but for which there are no replies. Do you ever take a look at this page? Maybe there is something there that you can answer that no one else can. It is located at:
For feedback I wish to ask:
1. How often do you check the Zero Replies page?
2. How likely are you to reply to one or more Zero Replies after viewing the page?
3. How long after becoming a member did it take you to find out about the Zero Replies page?
1. I don't often check it, because I read each topic as it comes up, and usually answer in it if I have anything to add.
2. Quite likely, if I see anything interesting.
3. A few months.
1. When I think about it, or am gently reminded about it ;)
2. Very likely if I see something that I can answer with more than just a one-liner.
3. Um, I don't think it was here when I first joined....
I don't generally look at zero replies. I use the "hot topics" option. If I see a thread with zero replies there, I will take a special interest in it to see if there is something I can add intelligently to the discussion.
I do not think it was an option when I first joined.
I like being the first one to respond to topics. I worked on zero replies so long and so hard that I was given the job of keeping them down! The only problem I have is that more LDS members don't look at it. I am not LDS and thus do not have access to new LDS threads started. Many of them I consider really good questions, but they don't get looked at for weeks at a time sometimes.
Great point Konquererz - I was thinking of a barbaric method to punish those who leave those LDS related topics untouched for so long, but seriously, maybe an LDS Zero Reply specialist is needed.
|QUOTE (konquererz @ 2-Jun 05, 9:23 AM)|
|I am not LDS and thus do not have access to new LDS threads started. Many of them I consider really good questions, but they don't get looked at for weeks at a time sometimes.|
1. I check it a couple of times a week. Konq does such a great job with it that most times it is only a page or 2 long. I try to see if there are some topics I can post constructively to.
2. Most times I view the page, I can reply to at least one of the topics.
3. Zero replies were not as obvious when I joined as they are now. I stumbled across it a month or two after I joined, and made it one of my goals to answer as many of them as I could.