Mamahuana Introduction - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE Additionally, as I"m browsing YOUR - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 5
Flag Posts: 11
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 0

Mamahuana Introduction - Page 2

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 21-Jun 05, 5:34 PM)
You can also choose one of the standard forum avatars, to begin with.

If you update your profile, including where you were born, the annoying "frog" picture will be gone from your posts.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.  I am sure you will find much to discuss.

As I have already implied, I will update my profile in the fields I want to share with/ disclose to other members. This is my personal choice and not a measure to offend the person who is reading my messages.

As for the frog ... annoying for whom? It may be annoying for "him," for "her," but, hey, I really love it!

In this case, may I suggest adding an 'Ignore Button' so members who feel visually abused ( I.e. by the outlook of some other users' profile/ messages) could have a more enjoyable experience while participating on this forum?

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome.

Reconcile Edited: mamahuana on 22nd Jun, 2005 - 12:52am

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:56pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,022
Flag Posts: 51,679
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,582.80 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Mamahuana

That is an oddity in itself... you are anxious to upload an image of yourself, yet still secretive about your country of origin?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

Mamahuana Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-Jun 05, 8:00 PM)
That is an oddity in itself... you are anxious to upload an image of yourself, yet still secretive about your country of origin?

My answer is:

As I have already implied, I will update my profile in the fields I want to share with/ disclose to other members. Yes, I choose to have a unique identifier as my personal picture, not my country of origin. I consider this is not "an oddity in itself," yet a personal preference.

As for the usage of the attribute "anxious," I see it as inappropriate, since I haven't demanded to have it "right here, right now." I was merely inquiring about the possibility of using this feature.

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:56pm
Signature:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 2 Introduction Mamahuana

Well for me and in my observation it is an oddity... especially as located in the registration there are required fields that were asked to be filled in and you chose not to for whatever reason it may be (odd).

Then in your second message you were quick to mention your dislike for a repeat of the rules. (odd) Then by your third message you desire to show your own image before sharing what in my mind would be less identifiable information (odd).

Another odd reply for me was reading what we should do if we feel visually abused - that was kind of humorous actually.

The use of the word anxious for me is correct as I have never had in about 5000+ members that have passed through here so immediate a request as to upload a personal image.

In your opening you asked to know the 'secrets' of this Community... one of those 'secrets' is that we have a very detailed FAQ Board that advises everyone on conduct, policy, etc.

All in all... yes, in my mind - an oddity.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner

Introduction Mamahuana

Ok ... now that you have explained your personal interpretations, things look more clear, yet not more logical (at least not in my opinion).

As a matter of fact, the option "Ignore" exists on several forums. No oddity for me, just common sense.

As for the fact that my way of approaching things does not resemble the way of other 5000+ individuals who registered on this forum, all I can say is: What an undeniable proof of how unique I am wink.gif

Additionally, as I"m browsing YOUR forum (since this morning), I paid attention that most of the threads feature unique kind of "private" conversations among the administrator of this site, moderators, bots, and again mods. At least this is what I saw with the eyes of a newcomer. Probably things will change "¦ I cannot wait to get in intellectual touch with the rest of "regular" members (as of today, hundreds of them?)

Message Edited!
JB@Trinidad: do not keep quoting the user above you.

Signature:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Mamahuana Introduction

They may not look logical, but there are systems in place here as you would not believe possible in one Community, even the very feature you talk about (ignoring) is available, in fact - that and much more, however, you have been guided several times to a certain Board and a certain thread... one's reading and understanding of that specific thread shows and is evident in the way a user both writes their messages and conducts their presence in the Community. Now you can keep replying here or you can read it, and understand what this Community is about since you have chosen to join of your own free will and conscious without force or hinderance. To survive here you may wish to heed the second message in this thread.

Blog Read My Blog
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.8%
Charm: 183

Mamahuana Introduction - Page 2

Additionally, as I"m browsing YOUR forum (since this morning), I paid attention that most of the threads feature unique kind of "private" conversations among the administrator of this site, moderators, bots, and again mods.

That is what you would expect to find in an introduction thread. However, I do not believe you will find this in the boards other than the welcome board.

This is a great forum, but it is not for everyone. I would suggest you read the FAQ's, look around at the other boards on the forum, and decide if it is for you or not. We enforce all rules here, so if you want to stay, and I would love to have you stay, you will need to read the FAQ's and abide by them.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 22nd Jun, 2005 - 3:27pm

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mamahuana Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,