Romania - Page 4 of 4

Romanians flee homes after attack More than - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Jun, 2009 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Before I read this thread I knew a lot about Romania...
  No, I knew nothing       16.67%
  No, but I knew some things       50.00%
  Yes, I used to live there       0.00%
  Yes, I have a friend from there or visited       0.00%
  Yes, I am from there       33.33%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Culture & Tradition
Romania Related Information to Romania
16th Jul, 2005 - 7:45am / Post ID: #

Romania - Page 4

There are some reasons for this:
- the rent for an apartment is ranged between 50-200 Euros/month (depending on the city)
- you can get a loan to buy a home and the monthly rate you have to pay can be max. 500. (May be more if you choose to pay it back in a shorter period).
- very cheap medical insurance and there are other taxes, but if you have a good salary, it's not a problem to pay them.
- the food is unfortunately, more expensive that in the neighbor countries.
- for the other expenses see my post on "Cost Of Living - Your Country" (post ID 60461)

If you earn over 1500 Euro (which is not that much in western countries) you surely have a better life standard.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2005 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Romania

Today starts the "Medieval Sighisoara Festival".

In Sighisoara - the city of Dracula, a city protected by UNESCO, each year there is a medieval festival featuring:
- photo expositions
- school of medieval dance
- performances/contests of medieval songs, poetry
- theatre performances
- medieval fashion show
- folk concerts etc.

There are some things you must visit once you are there: Sigma Square, the Clock Tower, the Baum Terrace, the Army Museum, the Puppets’ Park, the Fortress Square and the Church on the Hill, walking up the Covered Stairs (176 steps).

Here is a link if you want to know more about Sighisoara:
https://www.cetatea-sighisoara.com/uk/

Offtopic but,
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent english speaking site regarding the festival

29th Jul, 2005 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Romania Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Now that is something I would like to visit and participate in if possible, do you allow participant actions within those Medieval activities? I have a passion for Medieval music as well and hearing it live in a costumed performance is magical. You are fortunate to have such events within Romania and if I could be there it may just give me some new ideas for the next 'World of Medieval' storyline.

29th Jul, 2005 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Romania

Anyone can view the performances and if you feel "man enough", you could get in the song, poetry or fashion contests. You can even learn medieval dances. If you are interested so much, come to Romania. I'll be your host. wink.gif

13th Aug, 2005 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Romania

JB, don't be too sad that you missed the Medieval Festival. Someone I know was there and he said it was a "kitch". You can discover and learn more about Sighisoara and the medieval art by visiting the town in any other time of the year. Just wanted you to know.

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Romania

For more Information about Romanian Culture please see the Romania Index.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2009 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Romania - Page 4

Romanians flee homes after attack

More than 100 Romanians spend the night in a church hall following racist attacks on their south Belfast homes. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Romania

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,