Terrorism In Britain - Page 3 of 25

o.k I understand that any loss of innocent - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Jul, 2005 - 11:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (25) »
Since this seems to be the next big target
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2005 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism In Britain - Page 3

SEARCH FOR CLUES WIDENS IN LONDON AS BLAIR WARNS OF AN 'EVIL IDEOLOGY'

Prime Minister Tony Blair warned on Saturday that an "evil ideology" of Islamic extremism was bent on spreading terror through the West, and authorities on three continents widened investigations into the London terrorist bombings. The number of people confirmed dead rose to 55.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...49188%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2005 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain
A Friend

Britain Terrorism

QUOTE (Dickov @ 11-Jul 05, 12:07 AM)
Couldn't the London bombings be attributed to them winning the Olympics for 2012?

Perhaps it's the French who did it. Not the whole of France in general but a few anti-british Frenchmen who resent the British.

O.k I think like most people when they heard about the attacks I joked "Maybe its the French" but I don't think anyone actually beleives that, firstly London was the underdog in that fight no one expected them to win and those attacks took foresight and planning probably months worth. For me it's just such a shame that on a day when we should have been celebrating we were instead mourning! However this shouldn't affect how we feel about the 2012 olympics!

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain History & Civil Business Politics

BRITAIN'S MI5 DECIDED LONDON BOMBER POSED NO THREAT: REPORT

The British Secret Service had assessed one of the London bombers while investigating another attack plot last year, but decided he posed no threat and didn't keep tabs on him, a news report says.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...bomb050717.html

London Bombings a Set-up?

The more one learns, the more the notion that these were four bombers, whether suicidal or not, looks unlikely.
Ref. https://www.williambowles.info/ini/ini-0348a.html

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2005 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Britain Terrorism

Again?

Three subway stations were evacuated in London Thursday after reports of explosions, two weeks after a series of bombs killed at least 55. One witness said a backpack exploded at about 1 p.m. local time and filled a train car with smoke. Shortly after, another incident was reported on a London bus.
Ref. CBC / CNN

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2005 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Britain Terrorism

Attacks on UK will continue, radical cleric says

Reuters - Militant Islamists will continue to attack Britain until the government pulls its troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, one of the country's most outspoken Islamic clerics said on Friday.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.itain_cleric_dc

25th Jul, 2005 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this almost like saying 'We have a license to kill' with the added appendage. 'even if it happens to be someone innocent'? I understand that everyone may just be 'jumpy', but saying these things may occur again should not be 'okay'.

'SOMEONE ELSE COULD BE SHOT,' BRITISH POLICE CHIEF WARNS

London's police chief has apologized after officers killed an innocent man whom they suspected of being a suicide bomber, but warned that similar incidents could occur.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200.cks-070524.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Jul, 2005 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Britain - Page 3

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this almost like saying 'We have a license to kill' with the added appendage. 'even if it happens to be someone innocent'?

Oddly enough, that is exactly what I thought when I heard that statement. It also made me wonder why people here in the US complain about the Patriot Act, when those in England seemingly have to fear that they may be shot first, questioned later. Yes, that is a harsh assessment, but that is what happened with this Brazilian who was shot. Although, he should have known better to run after the recent events in London. Enough said.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2005 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain
A Friend

Terrorism Britain Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

o.k I understand that any loss of innocent life is bad but if that guy had been a suicide bomber and killed another fifty odd people then the public reaction would be "why didn't the police do more to stop him" the guy ran from the cops wearing a huge padded jacket what would you do in that position? damned if you do, damned if you don't!? I don't see why any more lives should be lost if everyone just co operates in this very nervous time, obviously I understand the guy was running because he was here on an an expired visa and was probably scared, and I feel really sorry for his family, I also feel sorry for the cops involved because they now have to deal with the guilt and backlash of this, it really hasn't made the situation any better for anyone, but being someone who travels to London reguarly and has friends that live that I wholeheartedly support this no tolerance stance after all if it's a choice between one innocent life or a hundred which one are you going to pick?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (25) »

> TOPIC: Terrorism In Britain

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,