New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 20th Dec, 2009 - 10:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
American Football Katrina Hits Superdome
30th Aug, 2005 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

New Orleans Saints

international QUOTE
Two people had died, according to Doug Thornton, a regional vice president for the company that manages the 77,000-seat Superdome, of the NFL's New Orleans Saints. He provided no details.

Katrina ripped two holes in the curved roof, but Superdome and government emergency officials stressed that they did not expect the huge roof to fail.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-k...ov=ap&type=lgns

I"m sure everyone is aware of the news regarding hurricane Katrina. In fact, the Superdome seems to have done fairly well at withstanding the wrath of Katrina, compared with the rest of the surrounding area. It's good to know that the Superdome was able to provide protection to so many people even though it was damaged. It may be home to a lot of people for some time to come. This is not necessarily the place to talk about the hurricane destruction and how bad that was for many people. That could be another thread entirely. My intention in posting this was to stay on NFL topic and discuss how the damages Superdome or the New Orleans area destruction will affect the Saints this year.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

New Orleans Saints
A Friend

Saints Orleans New

The super dome is considered one of the modern marvels of the modern world. Its built on an ever sinking landscape yet stays in marvelous shape. Now it has withstood the third most powerful hurricane in US history. The Superdome is truly a modern marvel. It was original designed after the roman colosseum.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2005 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

New Orleans Saints Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Saints Exploring Options for Home Games

AP - The New Orleans Saints said Sunday they are considering three options where to play their home games this season: LSU's Tiger Stadium, the Alamodome in San Antonio or at the stadiums of all their opponents.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._katrina_saints

19th Sep, 2005 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Saints Orleans New

Well Katrina may have saved football for New Orleans. I understand the owner wanted to move the team unless they got a new stadium. Now it looks like this will happen and they will stay put. A silver lining in every cloud. Or in this case a gold and black lining.

Wyldehorse

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2006 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Saints Orleans New

SAINTS WILL RETURN TO SUPERDOME ON SEPT. 24

The New Orleans Saints, driven from their home by Hurricane Katrina last August, will return to the Superdome on Sept. 24 to play the Atlanta Falcons.
Ref. https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...e.ap/index.html

8th Feb, 2006 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

New Orleans Saints

While I am glad to see professional sports returning to New Orleans, it still concerns me that the country on a whole is condoning the fact that we are allowing people to return and populate areas that should not be populated. The bigger problem here is that too many houses with weak foundations were allowed to grow in basically swamp-like areas. Coming back to the Saints; their return to New Orleans is ushering in a semblance to normalcy, but I hope it also makes the city and state realize that there is a lot more work ahead than just having professional sports teams back in the city.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Apr, 2006 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

New Orleans Saints

Reggie Bush has been drafted by the New Orleans Saints. While I can't fault the Saints for selecting him 2nd overall, I wonder if it would have been to their benefit to trade this pick for some more picks, since they have so many holes to fill. It will be interesting to see the Bush/Brees combination, two newcomers to the team in 2006.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2009 - 10:42am / Post ID: #

New Orleans Saints Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Defeated

The Dallas Cowboys defeated the New Orleans Saints 24-17, ending the Saints' hopes for an undefeated NFL season. Ref. CNN

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: New Orleans Saints

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,