Recovering From All

Recovering All - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 9th Sep, 2005 - 1:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

My name is and I am a...
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2005 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Recovering From All

Recovering Drug Addict

If you are a recovering from ALL forms of substance abuse or currently attempting to overcome the addiction then feel free to place your story here.

If you are merely recovering from ONE form of substance abuse then go to these:

Alcohol or Smoking or Drug Abuse

NOTE: This thread is NOT the same as your introduction thread where you tell us about your life in general, please stay on topic by keeping on the steps you have made to overcome this addiction.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2005 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Recovering From All
A Friend

All Recovering

Hi! I'm Chris, a dually-diagnosed (DDx) recovering alkie/junkie. DDx is the designation given by certified professionals to those who are challenged with some form of mental illness in addition to some form of addiction. I have been very outspoken on this facet for several years as mental illness and addiction feed upon one another in a vicious cycle when either recovery aspect is improperly treated. Bottom line is that the goal of both diseases individually is the demise of its host. Until then they settle for the host's abject misery.

The default adjectives for addiction have long been: cunning, baffling, and powerful. Mine include: patient and deadly.

My sole online ID, fugitive247, stems from a nickname earned in the rooms of AA and NA back in 1989: "fugitive from hell." "247" is a surname derived from 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is how I must approach my recovery. The most common representation is "24/7". I chose "247" since the "/" symbol is incompatible with ID registrations in cyberia.

Thank you for reading this post. As of its entry I am grateful to be celebrating number 3,742 of non-stop daily reprieves. cool.gif

Chris a/k/a fugi

> TOPIC: Recovering From All

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,