Texas

Texas - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Texas People
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Texas

Texas

The capital of Texas is Austin and the state was admitted on: December 29, 1845. Feel free to state what you know about the Culture & Traditions of this State.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Texas
A Friend

Texas

I have been to Texas six or seven times in the course of training for one of my past jobs. The local sites and history make it quite and interesting place to visit. I loved seeing the Alamo and the River walk in San Antonio. But I found the people to be a bit rude to outsiders. I expected people to behave hospitable but instead I got treated rudely every time I was their.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Texas
A Friend

Texas History & Civil Business Politics

That is so strange, konquererz. I have been to Texas **counts** erm...a lot. Definately twenty times at the least, and I have always noticed the hospitable attitudes. Maybe it depends on where you are at. In the Dallas/Waxahatchie/Garland/Mulberry region I have always seen politeness. There are always people who are rude no matter where you go, but I guess coming from Florida where people are habitually rude, anything is better.

At the moment, Texas is under a state of disaster with drought stricken wildfires raging across the state. Four people have been reported killed in the fires that have burned over 10,000 acres of land.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10619217/

28th Dec, 2005 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Texas

I guess since Texas is my home now is a good place to step in. There are so many different cultures and types of people here it is unreal. I have to actually agree with konquererz in that a lot of the people that live down near San Antonio and a lot of the southern area there are very rude. I personally do not enjoy making trips that far south myself because of it. The farther north that you travel in the state the more souther hospitality you will see. Dallas area is always nice, as is the East Texas area near Tyler and Longview. I live in Texarkana with is the farthest northeast you can get. I pretty well like it near my area. Texarkana for anyone that isn't familiar with it is actually a city that spans state lines with Arkansas. So there is one physical city of Texarkana, but two states share it. It is very weird if you have never been here. You will also notice if you travel west of Dallas on the interstate you will see what looks like a wall of rock that goes strait up. This is the caprock that actually starts the "Great planes". You see it on your way, and you can look back and tell after you went up, but you never really notice driving uphill. It is so freaky but beautiful.

QUOTE (Babyblues)
drought stricken wildfires raging across the state

This is major devistation compared to what anyone in the area is ever prepared for.

Reconcile Edited: bwren on 28th Dec, 2005 - 10:26pm

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas

STRONG WINDS, HUGE HAIL BATTER TEXAS

Storms with wind up to 100 mph and hail the size of baseballs battered part of Texas on Saturday, damaging buildings and slamming parked airplanes into one another at an airport.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/04/30/texa...s.ap/index.html

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Texas

TEXAS COPES WITH FLOODING, NEW SPRING STORM

The violent storm system blamed for four deaths in three states flooded parts of North Texas as it moved eastward, stranding drivers in high water and forcing dozens of elderly people to evacuate an assisted living center.
Ref. www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/03/30/spring.storm.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th May, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Texas

Since this is affecting the general population in Texas I thought I would add this news here so that it would not be a Religious only Topic:

TEXAS TOWN WORRIES ABOUT NEW NEIGHBORS POLYGAMISTS

Samuel Fischer would appear to be just what this withering Texas Panhandle town needs.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/texas.pol...y.ap/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Texas Politics Business Civil & History

Blame coal: Texas leads carbon emissions

America may spew more greenhouse gases than any other country, but some states are astonishingly more prolific polluters than others - and it's not always the ones you might expect.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070602/ap_on_..._warming_states

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: Texas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,