Texas

Texas - United States - Posted: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 3 50 90 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Texas People
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Texas

Texas

The capital of Texas is Austin and the state was admitted on: December 29, 1845. Feel free to state what you know about the Culture & Traditions of this State.

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Konquererz
Texas
A Friend

Texas

I have been to Texas six or seven times in the course of training for one of my past jobs. The local sites and history make it quite and interesting place to visit. I loved seeing the Alamo and the River walk in San Antonio. But I found the people to be a bit rude to outsiders. I expected people to behave hospitable but instead I got treated rudely every time I was their.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

BabyBlues
Texas
A Friend

Texas States United

That is so strange, konquererz. I have been to Texas **counts** erm...a lot. Definately twenty times at the least, and I have always noticed the hospitable attitudes. Maybe it depends on where you are at. In the Dallas/Waxahatchie/Garland/Mulberry region I have always seen politeness. There are always people who are rude no matter where you go, but I guess coming from Florida where people are habitually rude, anything is better.

At the moment, Texas is under a state of disaster with drought stricken wildfires raging across the state. Four people have been reported killed in the fires that have burned over 10,000 acres of land.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10619217/

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 1,048
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 7.6%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 69

Texas

I guess since Texas is my home now is a good place to step in. There are so many different cultures and types of people here it is unreal. I have to actually agree with konquererz in that a lot of the people that live down near San Antonio and a lot of the southern area there are very rude. I personally do not enjoy making trips that far south myself because of it. The farther north that you travel in the state the more souther hospitality you will see. Dallas area is always nice, as is the East Texas area near Tyler and Longview. I live in Texarkana with is the farthest northeast you can get. I pretty well like it near my area. Texarkana for anyone that isn't familiar with it is actually a city that spans state lines with Arkansas. So there is one physical city of Texarkana, but two states share it. It is very weird if you have never been here. You will also notice if you travel west of Dallas on the interstate you will see what looks like a wall of rock that goes strait up. This is the caprock that actually starts the "Great planes". You see it on your way, and you can look back and tell after you went up, but you never really notice driving uphill. It is so freaky but beautiful.

QUOTE (Babyblues)
drought stricken wildfires raging across the state

This is major devistation compared to what anyone in the area is ever prepared for.

Attached Image Edited: bwren on 28th Dec, 2005 - 10:26pm

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas

STRONG WINDS, HUGE HAIL BATTER TEXAS

Storms with wind up to 100 mph and hail the size of baseballs battered part of Texas on Saturday, damaging buildings and slamming parked airplanes into one another at an airport.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/04/30/texa...s.ap/index.html

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Texas

TEXAS COPES WITH FLOODING, NEW SPRING STORM

The violent storm system blamed for four deaths in three states flooded parts of North Texas as it moved eastward, stranding drivers in high water and forcing dozens of elderly people to evacuate an assisted living center.
Ref. www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/03/30/spring.storm.ap/index.html

Post Date: 24th May, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,689
Avg: 8.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,312.65 FP
Charm: 329

Texas

Since this is affecting the general population in Texas I thought I would add this news here so that it would not be a Religious only Topic:

TEXAS TOWN WORRIES ABOUT NEW NEIGHBORS POLYGAMISTS

Samuel Fischer would appear to be just what this withering Texas Panhandle town needs.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/texas.pol...y.ap/index.html

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Texas

Blame coal: Texas leads carbon emissions

America may spew more greenhouse gases than any other country, but some states are astonishingly more prolific polluters than others - and it's not always the ones you might expect.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070602/ap_on_..._warming_states

Guest please SHARE: "Texas" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Texas
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Texas

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By News 5.6 Days Ago
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 1 Week Ago
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By News 1 Week Ago
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 1 Week Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 28th Dec, 2017 - 11:25pm
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By News 12th Dec, 2017 - 2:36am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By Gknightbc 18th Oct, 2017 - 9:45pm
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 20th Sep, 2017 - 3:44pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 17th Dec, 2016 - 12:39am