Texas

Texas - United States - Posted: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 46 86 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Texas People
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Texas

Texas

The capital of Texas is Austin and the state was admitted on: December 29, 1845. Feel free to state what you know about the Culture & Traditions of this State.

Post Date: 22 July 2018 - 4:48 am / Post ID: #

I have only a small flickering light to guide me in the darkness of a thick forest. Up comes a theologian and blows it out. --Dennis Diderot

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Konquererz
Texas
A Friend

Texas States United

I have been to Texas six or seven times in the course of training for one of my past jobs. The local sites and history make it quite and interesting place to visit. I loved seeing the Alamo and the River walk in San Antonio. But I found the people to be a bit rude to outsiders. I expected people to behave hospitable but instead I got treated rudely every time I was their.

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

BabyBlues
Texas
A Friend

Texas

That is so strange, konquererz. I have been to Texas **counts** erm...a lot. Definately twenty times at the least, and I have always noticed the hospitable attitudes. Maybe it depends on where you are at. In the Dallas/Waxahatchie/Garland/Mulberry region I have always seen politeness. There are always people who are rude no matter where you go, but I guess coming from Florida where people are habitually rude, anything is better.

At the moment, Texas is under a state of disaster with drought stricken wildfires raging across the state. Four people have been reported killed in the fires that have burned over 10,000 acres of land.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10619217/

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2005 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 1,048
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 7.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 69

Texas

I guess since Texas is my home now is a good place to step in. There are so many different cultures and types of people here it is unreal. I have to actually agree with konquererz in that a lot of the people that live down near San Antonio and a lot of the southern area there are very rude. I personally do not enjoy making trips that far south myself because of it. The farther north that you travel in the state the more souther hospitality you will see. Dallas area is always nice, as is the East Texas area near Tyler and Longview. I live in Texarkana with is the farthest northeast you can get. I pretty well like it near my area. Texarkana for anyone that isn't familiar with it is actually a city that spans state lines with Arkansas. So there is one physical city of Texarkana, but two states share it. It is very weird if you have never been here. You will also notice if you travel west of Dallas on the interstate you will see what looks like a wall of rock that goes strait up. This is the caprock that actually starts the "Great planes". You see it on your way, and you can look back and tell after you went up, but you never really notice driving uphill. It is so freaky but beautiful.

QUOTE (Babyblues)
drought stricken wildfires raging across the state

This is major devistation compared to what anyone in the area is ever prepared for.

Attached Image Edited: bwren on 28th Dec, 2005 - 10:26pm

Post Date: 1st May, 2006 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas

STRONG WINDS, HUGE HAIL BATTER TEXAS

Storms with wind up to 100 mph and hail the size of baseballs battered part of Texas on Saturday, damaging buildings and slamming parked airplanes into one another at an airport.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/04/30/texa...s.ap/index.html

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Texas

TEXAS COPES WITH FLOODING, NEW SPRING STORM

The violent storm system blamed for four deaths in three states flooded parts of North Texas as it moved eastward, stranding drivers in high water and forcing dozens of elderly people to evacuate an assisted living center.
Ref. www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/03/30/spring.storm.ap/index.html

Post Date: 24th May, 2007 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,924
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 932.62 FP
Charm: 333

Texas

Since this is affecting the general population in Texas I thought I would add this news here so that it would not be a Religious only Topic:

TEXAS TOWN WORRIES ABOUT NEW NEIGHBORS POLYGAMISTS

Samuel Fischer would appear to be just what this withering Texas Panhandle town needs.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/22/texas.pol...y.ap/index.html

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2007 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

Texas United States

Blame coal: Texas leads carbon emissions

America may spew more greenhouse gases than any other country, but some states are astonishingly more prolific polluters than others - and it's not always the ones you might expect.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070602/ap_on_..._warming_states

Post Date: Sun Jul 22, 2018 - 4:45:22 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We interrupt Texas to share interesting fact from past years:
HistoricToday is: 22nd July (GMT), in history on the 22nd of July, 1515 AD the following event happened:
Louis of Hungary (9) marries Maria of Bohemia and succession to Hungarian throne

Guest please SHARE: "Texas" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Sponsored Links:

We may have more on Texas, Search first and if not Start A NEW Topic if Texas is not what you had in mind.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Texas

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Top 20 Liked

1. KNtoran - 388
2. Pandora - 334
3. FarSeer - 300
4. Vincenzo - 241
5. Nighthawk - 225
6. Funbikerchick - 182
7. Malexander - 149
8. Kyrroeth - 137
9. Krakyn - 136
10. Daishain - 127
Auto Updated: Every 31 minutes.
11. DianeC - 109
12. Dbackers - 91
13. Krusten - 85
14. Howe6079 - 82
15. Bwren - 69
16. Aericsteele - 67
17. Geenie - 63
18. JPatt - 57
19. Gknightbc - 53
20. Smudge - 52

Highlights

Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 11 Hours Ago
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Trans 2.6 Days Ago
2018 Football World Cup Forum Contest: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 6.4 Days Ago
Russia FIFA World Cup 2018: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JB 6.5 Days Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By daishain 1 Week Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 2nd Jun, 2018 - 12:21am
Bulletproof Backpacks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Champion 24th Mar, 2018 - 7:36pm
Nikolas Cruz: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Comstat 10th Mar, 2018 - 3:52pm
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm

Updated every: 14 minutes