Huntington's Disease

Huntington' S Disease - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Apr, 2016 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Huntington Disease
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Huntington's Disease

Huntington's Disease

More than a quarter of a million Americans have HD or are "at risk" of inheriting the disease from an affected parent. Huntington's Disease is a degenerative brain disorder for which there is, at present, no effective treatment or cure. HD slowly diminishes the affected individual's ability to walk, think, talk and reason. Eventually, the person with HD becomes totally dependent upon others for his or her care. Huntington's Disease profoundly affects the lives of entire families -- emotionally, socially and economically.
Ref. https://www.hdsa.org

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2005 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Huntington's Disease
A Friend

Disease Huntingtons

One of my grade school teachers who was exceptionally smart was diagnosed with the disease while I was in high school. When teaching, we saw no effects what so ever. Years later, I saw him in a wheel chair at the store. His mind was sharp as ever and he could speak ok, but that was fading like his ability to walk or use his left arm. He could see the inevitable coming that he wouldn't be able to use his brain and a year or so to think intelligently any more. That is the big killer of the disease. Its no quick, so people who have it have to watch, knowing what is starting to go and that they will lose certain functions soon. That is most heart wrenching to watch a person who knows that they will not be able to do things for themselves soon, but can not do anything about it.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2005 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Huntington's Disease
A Friend

Huntington's Disease Health & Special Psychology

When I was about thirteen years old, I read a book by Lurlene McDaniel and it mentioned Huntington's Disease. I became really interested in it, and it inspired me to try to write a story about somebody with it. It never came through, though. Last night I was talking to my fiance about an idea I had for a short story, since I have one due in my Creative Writing class, and I was considering bringing that old idea up again.

I think it's such a sad case because there is nothing they can do about it. There has been no cure found, no remedy heard of for it. I can only imagine how difficult it has to be on the family to watch somebody you love degenerate right in front of your eyes, and you're powerless to stop it.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Disease Huntingtons

Name: Richard

Comments: Can Huntington's disease be dormant for awhile being 'asleep' and then arise at some point?

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2012 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Disease Huntingtons

Scientists Use Stem Cells to Mimic Huntington's Disease
Biotechnology News

FRIDAY, July 6 (HealthDay News) -- Scientists have found a way to use stem cell technology to study Huntington's disease, a progressive inherited brain disorder that causes lack of muscle control, psychiatric disorders, dementia and ultimately death. The disease is currently incurable.
Source: BioTech News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2013 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Huntington's Disease

Huntington's Disease

This genetic disorders:** known as Huntington's Disease, can be Discussed here.

Persons finding themselves or loved ones depressed because of Huntington's disease may like to share how they cope in order to help others world-wide searching for experiences.

** A mutation / chromosome / missing or additional gene(s)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2016 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Huntington's Disease

Huntington's disease gene dispensable in adult mice

Adult mice don't need the gene that, when mutated in humans, causes the inherited neurodegenerative disorder Huntington's disease. The finding suggests that treatment strategies for Huntington's that aim to shut off the huntingtin gene in adults -- now in early clinical stages -- could be safe. Ref. Source 8w.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2016 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Huntington's Disease Psychology Special & Health

New method to reduce accumulation of damaging Huntington's disease protein

There may be a new way to change the damaging course of Huntington disease, researchers report. They have shown that reducing the aberrant accumulation of a particular form of the mutant Huntingtin protein corresponds to improvement in symptoms and neuroinflammation in HD mice. Ref. Source 8p.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Huntington's Disease

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,