Salvation Army

Salvation Army - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 20th Dec, 2011 - 10:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Salvation Army Quotes
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Salvation Army

Have you ever worked with the Salvation Army? Similar to other volunteer groups this army helps people in rough circumstances adding with it a religious perspective. The discussion here is about the help they provide in times of trouble and disaster.

The International Site:
Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2005 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Salvation Army
A Friend

Army Salvation

Why I was in boy scouts growing up, we always helped ring bells every year to collect money for the Salvation Army. I also had the opportunity to work with a church group at the soup kitchen as well. I think that the Salvation army provides hope for people in bad situations. But beyond hope, they give real help like food and clothing. A few years back, when we where in a hard spot, they gave us a bag of toys to give the kids for christmas. I must have cried half a dozen times because of their generosity at that time.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2006 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Salvation Army Beliefs Religious General

SALVATION ARMY 'SHOCKED' BY FRAUD

The Salvation Army in Canada says it has been the victim of major fraud.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...rmy-060114.html

25th Dec, 2010 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Army Salvation

Another "strange" coin was dropped in the kettle at Salvation Army worth $1,400.

international QUOTE
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (AP) - A valuable gold coin dropped into a Salvation Army kettle outside a Colorado Wal-Mart resembles similar rare coins donated across the nation.

Salvation Army bell ringer Clair Harger found the unusual coin in her kettle in Broomfield Wednesday. The charity investigated and found it was a 1983 South African Krugerrand coin worth $1,400.

Similar valuable Krugerrands have turned up in Salvation Army kettles in Florida, Indiana and Washington. A Kruggerand was also dropped in a kettle in Boulder last year..

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2010 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Salvation Army
A Friend

Army Salvation

You would think with the way the economy is that the people owning these coins would want to use them in a different way. Maybe they don't know of their value, or they are trying to do a good deed. That seems unlikely though considering the number of them that showed up and the way people today act. Most are out for themselves.

30th Jan, 2011 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Salvation Army

I think it's pretty neat that people are willing to donate these sort of coins, yes maybe they don't know the value of it you know what am I saying? But maybe some do and they would like to donate it as charity.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2011 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Salvation Army
A Friend

Salvation Army

I always donate to the Salvation army because that is the ethical thing to do. I heard that the Salvation army sells top premier name brands at their shops, but they are used. I don't buy used clothing for fear of transmissions.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2011 - 10:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Salvation Army General Religious Beliefs

Salvation Army Faces New Criticism for Stance on Abortion

A weekend article by WorldNetDaily has the Salvation Army facing new criticism for its position on abortion, - which supports the pro-life position on most all abortions but allow for r-pe and incest exceptions.

The Salvation Army is not new to criticism for supporting exceptions to its pro-life position, as Life Decisions International, which compiles frequent lists of corporations to boycott for donating to the Planned Parenthood abortion business, has cited the Salvation Army for criticism. LDI has included the red kettle organization in its list of groups that deserve scrutiny because of less than absolute pro-life positions.

The Salvation Army's abortion position statement starts off with a pro-life theme.

"The Salvation Army believes all people are created in the image of God and therefore have unique and intrinsic value. Human life is sacred and all people should be treated with dignity and respect. The Salvation Army accepts the moment of fertilization as the start of human life. We believe that society has a responsibility to care for others, and especially to protect and promote the welfare of vulnerable people, including unborn children," the organization says. Ref. Source 1

Salvation Army
Salvation Army (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Salvation Army

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,