Only 12 Years?

Only 12 Years - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Sep, 2005 - 9:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Only 12 Years?

MOTHER WHO KILLED SON GETS 12 YEARS

A mother who murdered her infant son must serve at least 12 years in prison, a judge ordered today.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3408215a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Only 12 Years?
A Friend

Years Only

This is another one of those situations where I just have an urge to shoot someone in the head. I don't care what you are suffering from, and the fact that things had been going badly at home for awhile, which is suggested if an 11 year old was taking care of the twins most the time, you have no justification for deliberately killing a child. Or anybody for that matter! They were thankful that she didnt' get more than 12 years? That's sick and disgusting.

She needs to be retried and given a harsher sentence. They better not let her near her other children, and if she sees them, it better be behind bars. Not only did she murder that baby in an upmost heinous way, but then she tried to lie about it! The article said that she tried to claim the baby died from sudden infant death syndrome. She lied about it! It makes me so angry because there are so many loving and wonderful people in this world who want children and can't have them, and monsters like this are murdering their own.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Only 12 Years?
A Friend

Only 12 Years? History & Civil Business Politics

"If my client had been a tall, elegant, beautiful woman then the jury would have wanted to feel sympathy for her but she wasn't like that and because of her personality disorder she gave evidence badly, she didn't have good verbal skills, there was really nothing for the jury to like, and that's what really made it so difficult."

What irks me is that the attorney was actually trying to get her off sooner! Then... the attorney goes on above to say that there was nothing to impress the jury with (well.. you're right on that one)

I'm sorry, but having a son that's near two, there is no temper tantrum unmanageable and no crying fit large enough to ever inflict bodily harm on an infant. And having a personality disorder doesn't mean you don't know the difference between right and wrong, life and death, this act is cold-blooded and unforgiving.

13th Sep, 2005 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Years Only

First, this woman wasn't sentenced to 12 years. She was sentenced to life in prison. She must serve at least 12 years before she will be eligible for parole. That doesn't mean she will get parole.

Now, after clarifying that, I still am horrified at what happened to this child. Still, postnatal (post partum) depression is a very real and awful mental illness. Perhaps the solution is to offer better diagnosis and treatment of this disorder. Far too many young children lose their lives to it each year.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 13th Sep, 2005 - 9:42pm

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: Only 12 Years?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,