Bi-polar Disorder - Page 2 of 3

Stem Cells Shed Light On Bipolar Disorder Researchers - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 25th Mar, 2014 - 7:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
4th Mar, 2006 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder - Page 2

Hi Vellosamian, I was asked by a friend a few weeks ago if I could find any research on this same disorder as you are suffering with. My friend was at her wits end, and was feeling so low, she was verging on suicidal. She didn't want to take any prescribed medication, so she asked me to find out if there were any dietary changes that may make a difference.

I did a bit of research for her, and thought it may be of help to you too. If nothing else, at least it's only food, and not a strong medication!

The foods that I found were being recommended, were all types of fish, including shell fish, also sea weed! (I know the last one sounds a bit weird, but some country's do eat this regularly) also chick peas, (this can also be found in hummus/houmus)

Apparently Seafood is a natural stabilizer of Bi-Polar disorder, as it contains 72 natural trace elements!

One of the web sites that I found to be helpful is--
www.truehealth.org

Hope you find this of some help.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2006 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Disorder Bi-polar

Well I have bipolar disorder also. It is hard to deal with it at times. Most people just ignore me. I've always been anti-social and quick to anger. But before I was diagnosed I threw things at people. Told absolutely insane lies. It was crazy.

I also have been hospitalized for trying to kill myself numerous times. I've said that before but I believe it pertains to this topic very well. And I've been to therapy. Many different therapists. None of them understand me. Most thought I was fine and normal and that everything was peachy. Until I was a 15 year old sleeping with 24 year old men. Ya not my most shining moment. It wasn't that long ago, but it feels like that was a different girl. I am medicating now. I don't love my life and I don't think I ever will. But I deal with it. I am on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. I want to get off of them. But I can't go back to what I was.

I won't.

4th Mar, 2006 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder Health & Special Psychology

Seven, I'm sorry to hear about the things you went and go through by being bi-polar, you mentioned something about not loving your life and you will never will, I think it is important to remember that it is the illness who makes you feel the way you do and the meds even though may not help you to be "happy" at least help you to control so you won't hurt yourself. I wish you all the best.

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2006 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Page 2 Disorder Bi-polar

Ya. I go through alot and I know, it is my illness that makes me like that. But I don't really have much to say. Except that my meds help.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder
A Friend

Disorder Bi-polar

"I was just wondering... are people born with bi-polar disorder or is it acquired through certain experiences?"

It is my understanding that there are common genetic tendencies toward bi-polar, depression, and alcoholism.

I have two brothers that have bi-polar dissorder (formerly known as manic depression). They have had a tough time with it. Both of my brothers have had manic eppisodes caused at least partially by their decision to stop taking their medication. This resulted in career, financial, and legal difficulties.

I understand that TAKING the correct medication AND counseling are essential in the long term effective treatment. The down side is that these aren't cheap, and the both the manic and depressive sides of bi-polar can cause one to quickly lose their job and have difficulty keeping one, which leads to the loss of insurance to pay for the treatment, which leads to relapse. A downward spiral that is difficult to stop without outside help.

One option is government supported mental health services. In NC, the state mental health treatment is in flux in an attempt to save money and isn't all that good over all. But how much should the government really provide?

Another problem with the lack of treatment is the higher risk of criminal behavior. The jail populations in the US have higher rates of mental illness than the general population.

There is no easy solution.

Reconcile Edited: MartinR on 9th Mar, 2006 - 4:16pm

9th Mar, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder

I know a person who I suspect may have some type of mental illness, I would like to post some of the symptoms and you all can tell me if there is a possibility or connection with a bi-polar disorder or if it sounds like something else to you.

1. Extreme sensitivity and emotion(most of the time, the person cannot hold a conversation without getting extremely emotional and crying)

2. Anger management problem(the person gets very angry about the smallest things. Keep grudges for long periods of time)

3. Possessive, Jealousy and extreme attachment to certain people (the person cannot see another person, no matter the sex, talking to her spouse, she comes in the middle of the conversation to find out what the two people are talking about. It applies also to friends.

4. No room for counseling (the person does not accept any type of suggestion or counseling with regards to her life, the person see it as a criticism any type of comment that it is meant to help her)

5. Envy (the person becomes envious of other's people success or look, to the point of making comments that may offend others.

6. Denial (The person does not accept ANY of the above statements, except for "getting angry a little bit")

7. Mood swings (the person is happy one day and the other day is miserable. One day she loves you, the next she hates you).

8. Overweight (the person is extremely overweight)

There is much more...but this is all in a nutshell...sounds like bi-polar?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Mar, 2006 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder - Page 2

I'm not really that well-versed in the symptoms of bipolar disorder, but there are some members of my family who are affected. My nephew is either suicidal or homicidal, unless he's on his regular meds. Then he's the sweetest guy, helpful, funny, smart, dedicated, hard-working, etc. The biggest problem, I think, is when the person is feeling good (I.e. taking the meds), they decide they don't need to take the meds anymore. Then, of course, everything goes back to bad. It's a vicious cycle.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2014 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Bi-polar Disorder Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Stem Cells Shed Light On Bipolar Disorder

Researchers have grown embryonic-like stem cells from patients with bipolar disorder and transformed them into brain cells that are already answering questions about the condition.

Source

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bi-polar Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,