Fake Genealogy

Fake Genealogy - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Nov, 2005 - 10:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Watch out for pedigree lines that are not real.
Post Date: 12th Nov, 2005 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fake Genealogy

FAKE FAMILY TREES ONLINE MAY TRIP UP GENEALOGISTS

Genealogists beware. A software company is marketing a new program to Internet advertisers that could quickly generate Web sites full of extensive, but fake, family trees.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...60683%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2005 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

Fake Genealogy
A Friend

Genealogy Fake

This is just absolute crap. What is the purpose of doing this to someone? I hate it when people simply ignore the implications of what they are doing to make a quick buck. spawning a fake genealogy to someone truly wanting to research their past is so foul it makes my face burn with anger!

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Fake Genealogy
A Friend

Fake Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

What an awful thing to do to some one. How can you tell it is fake? What are the signs?

28th Nov, 2005 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Fake

You can tell it is fake by doing some of your own research, for instance as a basic rule to follow: for every name entered you should have either the certificate, fiche number or file associated with it as proof the name and / or dates are correct.

On another note I can see why fake Genealogy would become a prosperous business, because there are genuine people that are fanatics about finding their ancestors and are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a name to be found. If someone claims to have found the name then a reward may be asked for or required as a stiffen for their 'research' which of course is fake.

> TOPIC: Fake Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,