Eat Yourself To Death?

Eat Death - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd May, 2007 - 7:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2005 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Eat Yourself To Death?

Eat Yourself to Death

Humans do things that are beyond my understanding, with self-destruction being the most perplexed of these unknown equations. On one episode of CSI it showed a man who died by eating himself to death - his stomach basically exploded through his system as body chemicals mixed and had no where to go. What is your view: myth or truth?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2005 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

Eat Yourself To Death?
A Friend

Death Yourself Eat

I don't know about eating yourself to a literal death, but I guess if you constantly ate food you knew would harm you, that would be like suicide, wouldn't it? Although...hmm...there was a horror movie about the seven sins that involved someone eating themselves to death. I haven't heard of it happening in real life, though. It seems possible. But you think if it could happen then we would have seen a report of it by now.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Eat Yourself To Death?
A Friend

Eat Yourself To Death? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Our body has a natural way of letting us know when we have eaten too much. Vomitting will usually help deal with that issue. I think, though, that most humans would have the sense enough to stop eating.

I remember seeing 'Seven' as well, which is the movie Kitsunekei alluded to. It did involve gluttony where a man literally ate himself to death. The only way I could see it happening in reality is if somebody was trying to prove it couldn't happen, or something to that extent. The human body would most likely take care of itself before somebody could truly eat themselves to death.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Death Yourself Eat

Prader-Willi Syndrome refers to a flaw in proper brain function where the person always is hungry and can never stop eating. For more info: https://www.thearc.org/faqs/pwsynd.html

2nd May, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Death Yourself Eat

As Babyblues mentioned, the body has a unique way of informing an individual, when too much food is being consumed by vomiting. However, if you eat continuously, it puts a strain on various organs like the heart. When the arteries become clogged with so much cholesterol, this leads to a massive heart attack, since the main function of the heart would be to distribute oxygenated blood throughout the body. I believe that the stomach exploding (after eating too much) on the show CSI, only promotes ratings with a exciting storyline. I do not believe that could really happen.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 2nd May, 2007 - 7:12pm

> TOPIC: Eat Yourself To Death?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,