Black Friday - Page 2 of 5

Stores packed, but how much was spent? Throngs - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Nov, 2009 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Black Friday
Really good business?
27th Nov, 2005 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday - Page 2

No shopping for me! Black Friday is the start of the busy season for theatre's as attendance at least doubles ( triples at my theatre). On the question if business make money, It seems the amount made per customer have increased, but you have to add in labor increase, invoices for stock, and utilities increase also.

When I left work at five am friday morning Best Buy ( there are three other businesses between us and Best Buy) had a line wrapping around the back of the building and ending at our back steps. It was 30ish degree's, wind was chilling and these people where in a GOOD mood to be waiting. Crazy if you ask me but I hear the sales are worth it!

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 2 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.2%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Friday Black

HOLIDAY BUYERS SKIP MALL SHOPS

As the nation's retail executives began poring over, and in some cases despairing over, sales receipts from the holiday weekend, one pattern became clearer: Consumers mobbed discount chains, with their $398 laptops and 5 a.m. openings, but largely shopped right past other specialty retailers at the mall.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...64614%2C00.html

23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Black Friday History & Civil Business Politics

Is anyone planning to raid the stores on Black Friday 2007? That is one of the things I like about the USA, so many opportunities to get great deals.

Going shopping on Black Friday?

A recent Maritz Research poll found that 37 percent of respondents planned to do that, up a bit from 34 percent last year. Folks with household incomes of $100,000 or more will shop at a 45 percent level. Making less than $25,000? Less than 30 percent of you will head to the stores on Friday.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695229903,00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:49am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Friday Black

Black Friday isn't a bad day for bargains at Christmas. I really do not like the crowds during that day, the stores are in general way too packed, but when in the States, I usually do a little shopping on this day (especially if this is for "this years" toy when my nephew was little). However, if you are not trying to get the "in" gift, I like shopping 1-2 days before Christmas. There are some good bargains if you can find what you want. The only better time for shopping is actually after Christmas, when the stores are trying to get rid of inventory. If you have the money, shopping for next years gifts right after Christmas is a great way to save some money!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2007 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Friday Black

US shops expect weak Black Friday

As US retailers prepare for Black Friday and the start of the Christmas season, festive cheer seems limited.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7108071.stm

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2008 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday

5 things you need to know about: Black Friday

Door busters. There are two types of door-buster sales. Retailers like J.C. Penney have plenty of stock but limit the sale to just a few hours. Stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart, on the other hand, will offer ridiculously low prices on a few big-ticket items to create excitement. Beware, though, as there are often limited quantities on the best deals. If you are not one of the first people in line, you'll probably miss out on that 42-inch high-definition TV for $500.
Continued: Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday
A Friend

Black Friday - Page 2

I have the feeling that black Friday is not going to be as big this year as in the past. I am sure that many stores will offer some good buys on this or that but not many people will buy the items. That is just a prediction I could be wrong.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2009 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Black Friday Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Stores packed, but how much was spent?

Throngs of budget-conscious shoppers packed local stores and malls yesterday, filling parking lots to near capacity as they searched for Black Friday bargains. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Black Friday

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,