Love Not Allowed In India

Love Allowed India - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 16th Nov, 2008 - 7:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Would you take the risk?
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2005 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Fall in love and risk a police thrashing

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Outrage and protests mounted in India Wednesday after TV channels showed police officers repeatedly slapping, punching and pulling the hair of young women on a date in a public park in a north Indian city. Indian media reported one couple was so humiliated by the police action in front of TV crews they have not returned home. "Is falling in love wrong? Who gave the police the right to beat and hit people and misbehave in such a manner," a woman in Meerut city in Uttar Pradesh state told Aaj Tak television news.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051221/od_nm/india_dating_dc

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2005 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

India Allowed Love

QUOTE (From News Report)
Young couples in cities often meet in parks as dating before marriage is frowned upon by many Indian parents but they are harassed by police who threaten to report them or ask for bribes.

I really do not understand this concept, but at the same time I have to wonder does it warrant a beating? I think it is ridiculous, people who want to meet each other to talk are beaten? We really have to thank ourselves for truly free societies and not ones that only show the appearance of such.

QUOTE (From News Report)
Some defended the right of young people to date in parks. "Nobody should be allowed to bother them as long as they are not indulging in obscene acts," local lawmaker S.P. Agarwal said.

Agarwal said it all in a nutshell for me, but this shows that India is still a very primitive society - no offence intended.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2006 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Love Not Allowed In India Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

There is a very well-known adage about India: "If there is one thing you can say about the country, the opposite is allways true as well."

I'll leave it at that.

I lived for most of my life in the most socially conservative city in India but young people went out on dates and nobody ever lifted a finger. It's not that the society isn't permissible, it's that nobody cares too much about anything.

I've gone out with my boyfriend and have known many other couples who did whatever they fancied without anyone ever questioning them.

I read this article and it raised my hackes too.

There was quite an uproar about it in India and I beleive some police officers got suspended for it.

I don't take any offense, but claiming that India is a "primitive" society because of one of some incidents would be akin to someone in India saying that America is "primitive" because someone called Rodney King got beaten up because of the color of his skin or any incident like that.

It's myopic to consider an occurance as representative of the nation or it's culture as a whole, and I say this with all affection and respect.

Reconcile Edited: Eshun on 26th Feb, 2006 - 3:08am

26th Feb, 2006 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

India Allowed Love

QUOTE (Eshun)
It's myopic to consider an occurance as representative of the nation or it's culture as a whole, and I say this with all affection and respect.

Sorry, as I said in that post... "no offence intended", and you have to understand where I am coming from and my style of writing. I do consider some parts of the US as 'primitive' and the use of that word is not solely on technology, but culture. I am happy that you were able to clear that up though, the report makes it sound as though this happens regularly in India, but according to you it is not so.

14th Apr, 2006 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

India Allowed Love

Actually India is quite liberal when it comes to showing signs of public affection when you compare it to other nations in the region. A lot of countries that impose Sharia law forbid signs of public affection. That to me is ridiculous.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2008 - 10:38am / Post ID: #

Name: RISHU

Comments: Okay "hai agar dushman jamana gam nahi koi aye hum kisi se kam nahi" if in love we get beaten up we are not scared love is not a crime mind it or not and after all why they cant concentrate on roads where a lot of other incidents are taking place why aer they coming between us, park is for us not for them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2008 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Love Allowed India

I hope that someday India joins in the real modern world. They have some of the worse rights for their population as a country. This makes me very glad that I do not live over there.

16th Nov, 2008 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Love Allowed India Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

India is culture bound, by that I mean you will see a small minority that looks to the US and Hollywood for guidance, but the majority and we are talking about hundreds of millions of people are staunch followers of traditional values. The youth of India are feeling the chains of tradition in such aspects as love. Look at a Bollywood love flick and you will see... a lot of the stories are centered around love and the families wishes for their son or daughter to marry 'that certain person'.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Love Not Allowed In India

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,