Did God Create Evil? - Page 2 of 4

Evil did not exist, there were just things - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 20th Jul, 2009 - 7:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2008 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil? - Page 2

Name: Helper

Comments: Hi, Did God Create Evil?...I just can't help but wonder what is the Reasoning behind this question? could it be that your wondering if GOD isn't really that Good? Perish the thought!....It's not to wonder if God is Good or Evil, Whats "MOST IMPORTANT" is that "WE KNOW THAT GOD IS A "JUST AND RIGHTEOUS GOD" In this World of Creation that we live in, We're aware that there are two sides to every thing. Hot Cold, Dark Light, Black White, Good Evil....We could go On and On On this. But being that we are Created in the Image and Likeness of HIM (GOD) I am sure he does want us to know the difference between "Good and Evil" for We cannot know what is Good unless we Experience what is Evil No? and being born into this World we are to "Experience" what is Good and Evil, And when we have experience what is Good and Evil WE THEN TRULY BECOME MORE IN THE "LIKENESS" OF HIM, THUS GIVING US THE CAPABILITY TO HAVE A "DEEPER" RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM...HELPER

Source1: My own thoughts

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2009 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Evil Create God Did

Name: twilight

Comments: If God say's He created evil, then God created evil. We are given a choice/freewill to pick either way good or evil. If we pick the latter God will punish us with evil. God created everything including satan, demons, the serpent, the beast and HELL. All created by Gods hands.

There are many many parts of the bible that clearly shows God bringing evil because of people and their sins who provoke God to jealously then to anger then wrapth of evil upon the people.

QUOTE (Bible)
Exod.32

[7] And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
[8] They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
[9] And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
[10] Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
[11] And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
[12] Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
[13] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
[14] And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Deut.7

[15] And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Deut.29

14] Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
[15] But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:
[16] (For ye know how we have dwelt in the land of Egypt; and how we came through the nations which ye passed by;
[17] And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them:)
[18] Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
[19] And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
[20] The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.
[21] And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:
[22] So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;
[23] And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath:
[24] Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what meaneth the heat of this great anger?
[25] Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
[26] For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
[27] And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
[28] And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.
[29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Deut.30

[15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Deut.31

[16] And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
[17] Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day. Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?
[18] And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.
[19] Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.

Josh.23

[15] Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.

Judg.9

[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

1Sam.16

[14] But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
[15] And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

2Sam.12

11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

2 Sam.24

16] And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

Job.2

[10] But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

Job.42

[11] Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Prov.16

4] The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Isa.45

[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Amen.

Nations who walk away from Gods commands will recieve a horrible punishment from the Almighty, a punishment filled to the brim with evil.

Isa.45
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

The Word of The Lord.
Yes! God creates evil.
In Jesus Name Thy Will Be Done, Amen and Amen.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Post is too long.

26th Mar, 2009 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil? Beliefs Religious General

When God created Man he gave him free will. Free will implies that there must be a choice or it is not really free will. Thus man (and apparently angels in the case of Lucifer) may choose to act in rebellion to God's will (evil), or choose to submit to the will of the Father (goodness).

This does not mean, in my opinion, that God created evil, but that he created men capable of choosing between good or evil. Men (and fallen angels) cause and create evil, because they misuse their power of free will. We cannot blame God because we, as a species, can't control our impulses to hurt our fellow man. That falls squarely on our shoulders.

Post Date: 28th May, 2009 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Evil Create God Did

Name: RJ

Comments: God did not create evil.

Evil is the absence of God. The further away you get from God, the more evil there is since God is all good.

Just as the presence of cold is in the absence of heat; the more you remove heat, the colder it becomes.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Evil Create God Did

Yes I believe God created Evil. He created Holiness so he must have made Evil. Just like you cannot make a coin with only heads, you cannot put one thing into the category of holiness with out putting another into the category of evil. When God said that life was Holy that meant that taking life away had to be Evil "Thou shalt not kill." When he said cherish your wife then you must put disloyalty into the category of Evil. "Thou shalt not commit adultery." It's the same with everything else that's Holy.

So yes, God did create evil by creating what is holy. He created this and then gave us the free will to choose which one we would like to have, what is easy and what's right.

20th Jul, 2009 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?

I would not say he created evil but God certainly does use satan for his own greater purposes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Did God Create Evil - Page 2

from my own opinion and LDS perspective I say that God did not Create Evil.

How did God Become God?

He went through the same process we are going through which means he had to overcome evil before he became who he is. IN order for this to happen evil had to already exist.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Did God Create Evil?
A Friend

Did God Create Evil General Religious Beliefs - Page 2

Evil did not exist, there were just things you could do. God decided what was Holy and of himself making the Evil that was the opposite of himself.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Did God Create Evil?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,