The Lost Tribes Of Israel

The Lost Tribes Israel - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Dec, 2006 - 4:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2006 - 6:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

In Sunday School my teacher said that in Russia, when someone receives their patriarchical blessings they are told that they are from one of the Lost Tribes of Israel. Has anyone ever heard this, do you have some link or G.A. telling us this? I need help on this. It has disturbed me, I believe this is in complete contriction to Prophecy in my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jan, 2006 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Israel Tribes Lost The

I think I would ask your Sunday School teacher from which Church sanctioned publication they got that information. I have never heard this and would be very surprised if it were true. In Church teachers are supposed to only teach from official Church materials. You can't control what a student decides to interject, but from the teacher should only come official Church doctrine.

10th Jan, 2006 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

The Lost Tribes Of Israel Studies Doctrine Mormon

This sounds like an adaptation of a theory that Robert Smith, a scripture scholar, has presented. Apparently there are several small groups of aboriginal people in the Urals and other mountain regions around Russia, that have existed for many centuries with neither population growth or decline. Robert Smith theorizes that since even the USSR left these people alone, that perhaps they are the Lost Tribes.

It pretty much sounds like a normal "faith promoting rumor" to me.

2nd May, 2006 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Israel Tribes Lost The

When I was in Utah, they were talking about this. One lady raised her hand and said her blessing stated she was from the lineage of Joseph. It did not specify which child just Joseph

Post Date: 2nd May, 2006 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Israel Tribes Lost The

I know people that have had this blessing, as I instructed them. If it says you are from the tribe of Joseph, then that means that you are of the Tribe of Ephriam.

5th May, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

I do not understand how come it is not specific in the blessing to say Ephriam.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th May, 2006 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Israel

I don't understand myself, but logically if you are of the tribe of Joseph, which son are you from?

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2006 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Lost Tribes Israel Mormon Doctrine Studies

I have a friend who received his blessing, and was told he was from the lineage of Abraham. When he asked about that, his Patriarch said, I don't know, mine says the same thing.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Lost Tribes Of Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,