Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (66) »
Pathfinder RPG PATHFINDER RPG - This Thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Related Information to ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question
  • Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder RPG Review
  • ICon Kingmaker Adventure Path Pathfinder Main Game
  • ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Questions
  • ICon's Kingmaker AP Pathfinder Characters
  • All off topic: ICon Introduction
  • RPG Etiquette Do Not Post Off Topic or Personal Interests Here. Learn the differences between: Off topic, Out of Character and Your Introduction. Unrelated RPG content that is not specific to this game may be removed without notice.

8th Jun, 2013 - 9:52am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Click for Party Invent...
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base
    Active Player Active Role-player!

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

Game Master says...

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting & Questions

Base Informtation: Pathfinder Adventure Path Play By Post Role-playing Game Start Here

This thread introduces the system, setting and is open to any questions players may have about rules or adventure.

The role-playing system used for this campaign is Pathfinder and the setting is the default setting, the planet Golarion. Pathfinder is a system not too different from Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition. The rules are available online at Official Paizo PRD or at Extended Free D20PFSRD.

starblue.gif Pathfinder Character Generator: HERE (Note: We have no affiliation to this site. The generator is free you do NOT have to buy anything there despite the sales pitch (Tag)).

Sourcebooks
    Core Sourcebooks (Must haves):
    Core Rulebook - Free on PRD
    Ultimate Campaign - Free on PRD
    Kingmaker Player's Guide - Free Download from Paizo, see below

Other Sourcebooks (Automatically allowed):
    Ultimate Charisma - $15 PDF but we can paraphrase rules for you (Used heavily: you will get a Leadership Score and Perks)
    Anything published by Paizo - mostly available on Archives of Nethys or d20PFSRD

Optional Sourcebooks (With GM Permission):
    All Wayfinder magazines - free downloads (#4 has new buildings, Herbalist archetype, #15 came out last year and is focused on the River Kingdoms - That's not to discount the others, I only flicked through #4 and glimpsed at #15. I still have to check #5 and #8. Note: A lot of spoilery GM content is written alongside articles for players.)
    Ultimate Rulership - $10 PDF

Kingmaker Players Guide and all other FREE downloads (PDF Format) are also on this page.

The setting of this adventure is localised to Brevoy and the River Kingdoms, but characters will be allowed from all countries of the continent Avistan. Extended information about the setting is available on the Pathfinder wiki.

Kingdom Building rules can be found on the Official PRD which is a write up of the rules from Ultimate Campaign. All of the Optional Kingdom Rules from Ultimate Campaign (And on Paizo's PRD) are in use. Rules borrowed from the third party source Ultimate Rulership will be mentioned in this topic:
    Buildings, Events from Wayfinder #4
    With GM Permission: Buildings, Events, Exotic Settlements, Settlement Attributes/Qualities from Ultimate Rulership, but no change to build times.

Rather off topic, but...
    "This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 18th Mar, 2017 - 11:26am

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 10th Jun, 2013 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Question Setting Rules Pathfinder Kingmaker ICon

OK this sounds good to play but I do not have the $10 to download a pdf file to just set up a character. What do you suggest?

10th Jun, 2013 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Dice Master says...

Sorry to interject but you do NOT have to pay anything. I just added a link in the first Post (look for the: starblue.gif' /><!--endemo-->) so you can create a Character using the generator there. One thing you will notice with the Pathfinder system is there is always a sales tactic, you have to ignore all the marketing to get to the core of the game.<br /><br />In addition to this there was also a <a href='https://paizo.com/prd/' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>link</a> given where you can read all the rules online for FREE. You can start with: <a href='https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Getting Started</a>. </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

15th Jun, 2013 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

That's an awful lot of reading to get into a game, you don't have a simpler 1-2-3 method of playing?

16th Jun, 2013 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

Game Master says...

I'm glad you asked, as it's not very clear from what I wrote. The bare minimum to read is the Kingmaker Player's Guide, followed by posting a suitable and creative backstory in the character thread. I am there to assist in the actual character building and will give suggestions based on the backstory. As the game progresses, hopefully the rules will be understood.

17th Jun, 2013 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

I would love to give it a try, mate. The problem is that, now, I'm already at my limit with the number of games I'm in: I doubt I would be able to dedicate the proper time. But I'll keep an eye on it and, if things will change for me, I will seriously consider joining it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    6th Jul, 2013 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question

I would love to play in your Role-playing Game but I'm not very good at making characters, for some reason I just don't get all the modifiers and skills and feats. I'm not very bright! tongue.gif But if you wouldn't mind making me a character I would appreciate it, and would like to get into your RPG? I don't want to be a pain, so either way I will try to make one if you prefer? Thank you.

6th Jul, 2013 - 9:33am / Post ID: #
    Hand of Fate
    Character
    Game Master ◀
    Base Has a Home Base

ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules Setting Question D&D / Pathfinder Archive

Game Master says...

Sure, I'd prefer if you wrote your own imaginative backstory. Please read the guide, which requires an account but is free, and post a story in the character thread.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (66) »

> TOPIC: ICon Kingmaker Pathfinder Rules, Setting, Question

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
    This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.